Greetings Mi Fans,
Many of us here use MIUI China ROMs even China Only devices such as Mi 5X, Mi 5C, Redmi Note 5 AI etc. Since Google is banned in China, the China MIUI doesn't have google play service and google play store installed with it. Therefore, we have to install the Google Play Store and Google Play service manually. There are many methods available on the installation of Google Play Service and Google Play Store on MIUI. However, some of them fail to install and enable Google Contact Sync properly.
Today, I am gonna share a simple method to install Google Play Store on your MIUI. Follow the steps below to install google play store on your MIUI.
1. Go to the Mi App Store and search for Google on the search bar. Now scroll down to bottom and click on the Baidu icon. You'll see an app about 168 KB size with Google Play Store logo, install it.
2. Open the app and click on the blue round icon below. It will start downloading the Google Service Framework. You'll need to install it manually just by clicking install.
Note: You'll need to enable Unknown sources from Privacy setting. If not enabled, it automatically promotes for enabling.
3. Now it will download Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Calendar Sync, Google Contact Sync one by one and you'll just need to tap on install.
4. Finally, it will download Google Play Store! Just install!
5. After installing Google Play Store, log in to the Play Store using your Google Account and Enjoy Google Play Store.
That was it! Hope this will help you to install Google Play Store easily.
Now, what to do if Google Contact Sync and Google Calendar Sync don't work? Well, you can fix it by setting appropriate permission and restrictions. And to do so, you'll need to go to Settings Installed Apps, then search Google in the search bar. You'll see Google Contact Sync and Google Calendar Sync in the list like the picture below.
Then, Open Google Contact Sync. Turn on Auto Start toggle. Set battery saver to "No Restriction". Also, check wheater you have restricted internet access permission. Now open permission and set the necessary permission on regarding contact read, modification and information about installed apps.
Follow the similar approach with Google Calendar Sync settings and set auto start and no battery restriction on. Then, set Read calendar events permission on from the permission settings.
Now your Google Contact Sync and Google Calendar Sync have the proper permission and settings to work. But you'll need to do one more thing to make sure it doesn't get interrupted. Go to Google Play Service from Installed Apps and Enable All required permission related to Contact and Calendar.
That's it! Comment below if this guide is helpful to you...
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .