!privacy_agreement!
!privacy_agree!

Newswire

[] [Newswire] Xiaomi's In-House Pinecone Processor Gets an Official Weibo Page

2017-02-07 05:19:59
710 17

Edited by Gary MI at 2017-02-12 07:29 PM \x0a\x0a[attach]222812[/attach]\x0d\x0aA couple of years ago Xiaomi unveiled the Redmi 2A - a phone powered by leadcore chipset. You’d be forgiven if you haven’t heard the name before, but both companies partnered to create Beijing Songguo (of which Xiaomi controls 51% and Leadcore the other 49%)."Pinecone" is the result of that collaboration.That’s the name of a new chipset and it already has an official Weibo page.[attach]222824[/attach]\x0d\x0a
HindustanTimes reported:\x0d\x0a

Xiaomi is working on two Pinecone SoC chips with model numbers V670 and V970. The V670 is said to use four Cortex A-53 and four A-53 octa-core architecture with a clock speed of 800MHz and Mali T860 MP4 GPU. Furthermore, the V670 chipset is also said to be using a 28nm manufacturing process.The V970 will use four Cortex-A73 cores and four Cortex-A53 octa-core architecture with a clock speed of 900MHz and Mali G71 MP12 GPU. The processor will have a minimum clock frequency of up to 2.0GHz and a maximum clock speed of 2.7GHz. The V670 is manufactured using a 10nm process and is expected to come only in the fourth quarter of this year.Out of these two processors, the Xiaomi Mi 5C will reportedly launch with the lower V670 variant. In terms of performance, V670 is expected to be equivalent to Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor.

\x0d\x0a

\x0d\x0aXiaomi has been working on its in-house processor for quite some time.The Xiaomi Mi 5C (codenamed Xiaomi Meri) is expected to launch later this month.This means that the Xiaomi Mi 5C might be the first smartphone with the Pinecone processor developed by Pincecone electronics that is owned by Xiaomi.The official Pinecone page has minimal information, and apart from the processor name and logo, it reveals little else as of now.Xiaomi Pinecone chipset will be a direct competitor to Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808 SoC, which means that it will be quite a bargain or someone who wants a value for money smartphone (affordable that is), with decent specifications to compete against other devices. In other words we should consider Xiaomi Pinecone SoC as an affordable solution for mid-range smartphones.\x0d\x0a
\x0d\x0a' /* MEDIUMBLOB/MEDIUMTEXT meta=3 nullable=0 is_null=0 */

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +25 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-02-07 05:19:59
Favorites4 RateRate

Master Bunny

Vinay Kumar Bawta | from Redmi 3S

#1

thanks for sharing
2017-02-07 05:59:07
vinay kumar

Semi Pro Bunny

I. Ajay Singh | from Redmi 3S

#2

Nice........
2017-02-07 06:08:17

Device team

Aziz,rahman. | from Redmi Note 3

#3

thanks for sharing...!?
2017-02-07 06:21:41

Master Bunny

Lakshmikanth | from Redmi Note 4

#4

thanks for sharing. nice move by Xiaomi
2017-02-07 06:48:17
Redmi 1S|Mi3|Mi Band|Redmi Note 3|Redmi 3S|Mi Band 2

Pro Bunny

1607536323 | from Redmi Note 3

#5

nice information
2017-02-07 07:03:28

News Reporter

anujsingh06 | from app

#6

let's see if they release phone with their own processor's in India, thanks for sharing
2017-02-07 08:47:12
Always Believe That SoMething Wonderful is About To Happen

ANUJ SINGH

Master Bunny

Being Savvy | from Redmi Note 3

#7

thanks For Shareing nice info
2017-02-07 10:30:27
Sdeep

News Reporter

Venk | from Redmi Note 3

#8

Hope it gives top Notch performance.. And a new feel on all Mi smartphones
2017-02-07 10:44:31
Thanks for your information
2017-02-07 11:04:01

Advanced Bunny

RAJ(-_^)KING | from Mi 4i

#10

wow amezing
2017-02-07 11:32:17
please sign in to reply.
Sign In Sign Up

Gary MI

Master Bunny

  • Followers

    426

  • Threads

    54

  • Replies

    195

  • Points

    5169

Mi Max
3 días seguidos
7 días seguidos
21 días seguidos
Shake!!Shake!!
Lucky Draw No.
500K Members
2016 Christmas
Mi Explorers
Pokemon Go!
App Review
1 million members
Xiaomi 7th Birthday
1st Anniversary
71st Independence Day
2 million registered members

Copyright©2016-2018 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved
Content Policy
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list