78eb62cd-b7be-4406-8dcf-8c2dad1ae402.jpg (40.7 KB, Downloads: 2)
2018-04-19 15:03:07 Upload
Hello Mi Fans!
Today, I'm here with a flashing tutorial and a quick overview of one of the most stable custom ROMs that's available for our Redmi Note 3 (Kenzo). I hope many of you are already familiar with the name, Nitrogen OS, also known as NOS.
Today, we'll take a look at the Beta versions of Nitrogen OS for Kenzo, which is based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo.As I mentioned, probably this will be the most stable Android 8.1 based custom ROM that you can get right now on your Redmi Note 3. It is an AOSP based custom ROM, which gives you the feel of using Stock Android. The ROM is being developed by XDA Senior Member xyyx . All the credits for this ROM are given to its developer. Now let's get started.
Your Warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD-Cards,
thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
You are choosing to make these modifications on your device
and if you point a finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
1. Unlocked Bootloader(how to unlock bootloader)
2. Custom Recovery (Download latest TWRP from here)
3. Download latest Beta version of Nitrogen OS based on Android 8.1 from here.
4. Download GApps zip from here. (ARM 64 - Android 8.1)
5. Backup your data before proceeding.
How to Flash
1. Power off your device. Then boot into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Power and Volume Up buttons together.
2. Go to Wipe Advanced Wipe check Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache Swipe to Wipe
3. Then again go to Wipe, tap Format Data and type yes (You can't skip this due to new encryption system and your internal memory will be formatted so don't forget to do a backup)
4. Now tap on Install, choose the ROM zip file and swipe to confirm flash.
5. Flash the downloaded Gapps zip file.
6. Then Wipe Cache and Dalvik.
6. Reboot to system.
Note: First Boot may take up to 10-15 minutes. Stay Calm.
- Network traffic;
- Bluetooth device battery level in the status bar;
- Adjust the brightness by sliding across the status bar;
- Input method selector notification.
- Number of rows and columns;
- Quick pulldown;
- No QS on secured lock screen;
- Brightness slider;
- Smart pulldown;
- Show/hide adaptive brightness icon in QS;
- LTE enable/disable tile.
- Hiding tile's caption
For devices with hardware buttons
- Enable/disable buttons;
- Adjust brightness;
- Keys brightness timeout;
- Reassignment hardware buttons action;
- Volume rocker wake;
- Playback control by volume keys;
- Allow volume keys to enable/disable “Do Not Disturb” mode.
- 3 type navigation bar mode: Smartbar (as usual in android) and Fling (navbar from “Dirty Unicorns” ROM), AOSP Navbar;
- Pulse settings in Fling navbar;
- Navbar height control in portrait and landscape orientations;
- Context buttons layout position;
- Context buttons transparency;
- Button touch animation;
- Cursor arrows in navbar while typing;
- Force show/hide navbar on the bottom side when the device is rotated.
- Open camera by double tap the power button.
- Double tap on lock screen to put the device to sleep.
- Double tap status bar to put the device to sleep.
- Lock screen shortcuts.
- Show/hide weather on the lock screen.
- Long-press power button with lock screen turns on the torch.
- Customizing power menu.
- Enable/disable power menu on the secure lock screen.
- Exclude apps from the recent panel.
- Select recent view.
- Clear all button positions
- Screenshot type – fullscreen screenshots or selected area as screenshots.
- Enable MTP instead charging after connecting to PC.
- Wakelock blocker.
- Alarm blocker
- App Ops.
- Wake up the device if the charger is plugged/unplugged.
- Allow signature spoofing (microG).
- Quick unlock
- Enable/disable dashboard suggestions, conditions.
Here are some more screenshots from users device;
- sim detection after boot (random)
- VOLTE video call
- hidden wifi (need to turn off and on display after adding)
Android Version: 8.1 Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based on: AOSP, CM, Pure, DU, OmniROM
Source code: https://github.com/nitrogen-project
P.S. I am not the developer of the ROM.
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .