In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Photography

[Tutorial] Lightning Photos

2018-03-18 22:41:31
7721 29
Hello friends, How is going on?

Do you like the lightning in the sky? Do you wonder how they take stunning shots of lightning?
Do you want to capture those bolts of lightning yourself in your smartphone?
Yes, you read that correct, Today in this tutorial, I will teach you all how to take lightning photos not on a fancy DSLR camera but in your smartphone itself.

Warning: I am not responsible for you or your phone getting struck by lightningand get some serious injuries. Always take precautions and follow safetyguideline so as to not get yourself zapped

Let’s start!
STEP 1:
Open MIUI Camera app and go to Settings-Press & Hold Shutter button and set it to Burst shoot.

STEP 2:
Go back to main screen and tap focus to sky orbuilding you want to highlight in lightning.
Tip: Use tripod or other stands to get bettershots.

STEP 3:
Wait for lightning. Timing is very important toget good shots. If there is heavy lightning, hold the shutter button to takefull 100 burst shot photos.
As soon as one shot completes, quickly pressshutter again and take burst again. Repeat till you think lightning has stopped or your phone memory is full. Don’t worry, most of the burst photos will be either very dark or ultra-bright or some artifacts can also appear because of lightning.
Lightning will appear in many types but mostly you will findinter-cloud bolts and color changes.
Cloud to ground bolts are very rare,you're lucky if you are able to capture them.
Note: Remote shutters like Bluetooth remotes, aux remotes or even volumebutton won't work with burst mode

STEP 4:
This is the most annoying part. Open Gallery and delete all the dark/bright or other bad shots.
I took about 5000 shots in onesession and only got about 30 good ones.
Select your photos carefully as some photos will look dark in thumbnail but actually have some pretty good lightning captured in them.
Note: There may be lots of noise in your photos depending on the intensity of lightning

STEP 5:
Now that you know the secret to having awesome lightning photos flaunt your shots and make your friends jealous.
Of course your shots won't be as high quality and detailed as compared to professional camera onesbut they still look really cool.
Tip: I highly recommend editing them to reduce noise and color balance.

Checkout some of these lightning shots:

So guys, what do you think?
Let me see in your comments

2018-03-18 22:41:31
Favorites25 RateRate

Pramod1988 | from Mi A1

Useful info , thanks for sharing
2018-03-18 23:38:57
Pramod Kumar

Sea Rider | from Redmi Note 4

informative thread, but redmi note 4 can take only 20 shot at a time with burst mode.
2018-03-19 01:03:33

Master Bunny

R1y4z | from Redmi Note 4X

useful thread
2018-03-19 15:07:29

Master Bunny

babuarif | from Redmi Note 4

Thank you very much...
2018-03-19 16:00:50
Niceeee!
2018-03-19 22:26:58
Pramod1988 replied at 2018-03-19 11:38:57

you are welcome :)
2018-03-19 22:46:18

Per qualsiasi domanda, contattatemi su Instagram @frizluca in quanto non riesco a rispondere a tutti i messaggi su Mi Community
2018-03-19 22:46:56

Per qualsiasi domanda, contattatemi su Instagram @frizluca in quanto non riesco a rispondere a tutti i messaggi su Mi Community

you are welcome!
2018-03-19 22:47:14

Rookie Bunny

Prince Jordan | from MI 6

2018-03-26 14:16:00

Pro Bunny

Mark ジャイアン | from Redmi 5A

Nice      
2018-04-11 14:44:02

I'm Mark,