In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[Discussion] Is Artificial Intelligence the next big thing for Xiaomi?

2017-12-11 03:27:39
1205 6

Recently we saw biggest thing in mobile industry, which is an Artificial Intelligence and Artificial Reality. Big boys like Apple, Google and Huawei are already competing in this area in their own way. We might see other players to jump on this train very soon. During the Xiaomi’s recent event in Dubai, we had sense that Artificial Intelligence could be next big thing for Xiaomi.

Xiaomi’s AI powered smartphone?

Xiaomi currently does not have AI powered device or smartphone at the moment but as per Mr Ravi, Mi MIX 2 does have some features built aroundAI technology, what specifically it is? he didn’t mention. So I believe this is just a perfect play-ground for Xiaomi to prepare better Artificial Intelligence smartphone in near future.

Xiaomi already have an eco-system of smart devices covering different areas, like connected home, smart health monitors such as Mi smart shoes, Mi Band, Mi pressure cooker, smart electric kettle and so on. So it makes perfect sense for xiaomi to move over AI and launch Artificial Intelligence powered smartphone in near future.

Why Artificial Intelligence for Xiaomi?

According to recent reports Xiaomi is already working on IoT & AI in partnership with Baidu. Not only this but company’s existing eco-system can help Xiaomi for AI adoptation, which makes easy for it to move over Artificial intelligence and interconnect their existing eco-system.

As we know Xiaomi recently announced their own Mid-range Surge S1 SoC too, which gives them advantage of being independent of other processors. Not only this but their own processor could be another indication of AI powered chip in near future.

The way I see all this is preparation of being smartest company with AI powered smart devices to bang on.

Xiaomi also spreading out of the China, covering India, Philippines, Pakistan, Middle East going towards USA and other European countries very fast.

Previously Xiaomi was more like virtual company with physical devices in Asia and Middle East but their recent plan to open physical stores will bring them closer to the consumers.

These stores also allow new customers to experience Mi devices which never happened in past. Company also could collect user experience and transform devices or decisions toward AI of future.

To achieve all this without compromising security of walk in customers or Mi community Artificial Intelligence is best solution.

We might see a great share of Artificial Intelligence in Mi devices and compete those big boys.

Do you think Xiaomi is moving in this direction? Let us know

Check out my blog here for more tech news!
2017-12-11 03:27:39
Favorites RateRate

Pramod1988 | from app

Of course . Waiting for next MIUI update to see an AI in mi phones
2017-12-11 12:08:37
Pramod Kumar

Semi Pro Bunny

lyndenfonseca | from Mi A1

it's a far possibility considering that the requirements are real super high quality processing speeds with flagship processors like the Qualcomm 825 and it's partners alike... What we could wait for is Augmented Reality.
2017-12-11 14:12:33
Pramod1988 replied at 2017-12-12 01:08:37
Of course . Waiting for next MIUI update to see an AI in mi phones

I think thats pretty cool!
2017-12-11 22:45:33
lyndenfonseca replied at 2017-12-12 03:12:33
it's a far possibility considering that the requirements are real super high quality processing spee ...

I agree!! i think its possible in the near future
2017-12-11 22:48:52

Semi Pro Bunny

Jimmy Memon Author | from app

lyndenfonseca
it's a far possibility considering that the requirements are real super high quality processing spee ...

artificial intelligence is needed for AR without it AR is just as dumb as sending an sms
2017-12-12 06:22:29
Check out my blog - Droidopedia.com for more tech

Semi Pro Bunny

Jimmy Memon Author | from app

lyndenfonseca

AR requires higher processing capability plus AI
2018-02-10 06:14:02
Check out my blog - Droidopedia.com for more tech