In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 11 Series

[Discussion] 120Hz power drain Xiaomi 11T

2022-01-31 07:44:43
1284 5
I have noticed through my usage, that always when using the 120Hz mode, the phone wouldn't last as long as having it on 60Hz.Using accubattery for measing screen on time SOT, the 60Hz with battery saver would last 10-11 Hours SOT, compared to a maximum of 8 on 120Hz.

Then, I was exploring developers options, and found power monitoring options, which releaved the shocking news that having the screen at 120Hz almost doubles the power consumption (from 280mAh to 490mAh on the same background) .

This is very shameful really, I have been using the phone at 60Hz most of the time to conserve battery.
I believe this is something that has to do with the power state of the Cpu, but can't confirm. Hopefully all will be fixed in the upcoming updates.

Also, may replace the phone for the darkish striations of the screen.
2022-01-31 07:44:43
Favorites RateRate

Super moderator

feds64 | from app

Report feedback about this issue via "Service and Feedback" and attach the Feedback ID, Device, ROM details, Country here.
2022-01-31 18:08:47

Advanced Bunny

DrAcidBase | from app

Bro am facing Headphone problems in my Xiaomi 11t. Charging port isn't working properly.  When I use earphones Audio starts coming from external speakers. can you help me with that
2022-01-31 20:20:54

Advanced Bunny

DrAcidBase | from app

feds64
Report feedback about this issue via "Service and Feedback" and attach the Feedback ID, Device, ROM details, Country here.

Nothing happens with that Thier service is pathetic . I have already submitted 4 feedbacks but issue persists as it was earlier
2022-01-31 20:28:52

Rookie Bunny

Ahed Fares Author | from app

DrAcidBase
Bro am facing Headphone problems in my Xiaomi 11t. Charging port isn't working properly.  When I use earphones Audio starts coming from external speakers. can you help me with that

Try an original Xiaomi adapter, I have been using the phone with Bluetooth speakers only, sorry I can't be of much help
2022-02-19 05:36:48
Are there any updates/news regarding this issue? I can confirm that the problem still persists. Not only the refresh rate one, but the background usage too, which also drains the battery excessively. I lose around 5% just while the phone is idling overnight, not to mention during light-medium usage (web-browsing, watching videos, instagram, chatting), then the battery drains as if the phone was 3 years old or something. I lost 15% in 5 hours after full charge and I had barely touched the phone.

It is shameful for a phone of this caliber to be so inefficient in such trivial tasks. Hope this gets fixed in MIUI 13, but considering Xiaomi's current track record, we better not hold our breaths.  

*the only battery-consuming feature I have on is the 120hz refresh rate. 5G is disabled, Always-on turns off after 10s, heptics are off, data and location are turned off when not in use, etc.

2022-03-05 12:33:17