In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Smart Home

[Discussion] Xiaomi art Camera 2K

2021-12-18 23:16:50

259 8

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

I got two of these when they first came out. Got them from AliExpress at £14 each. On AliExpress they are advertised as being suitable for outdoor use and I have had one fixed to my outside garage wall  (south facing and overlooking the sea) without problem. I also have one indoors. They are brilliant and work well with MI Home providing the region is set to China. I also have a 360 Mi camera , I have linked all three in a security camera scene in Mi Home and have then created on/off short cuts in the home screen. So one touch will turn all my security cameras on and off
2021-12-23 15:52:11
Reply Report

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

HungarianHustler
Yeah I'm sure I've seen them advertised as an outdoor cam but thanks for confirming they do survive outside. I'm going to install it at the front soon and this 2k version has a way better quality than the older one. Have you not tried changing the region to UK? Just because even the older one works with UK region and this new one was even easier to setup. Are you using one of those Mi nfc tags?

not used a tag, I have a few few things that need the Chinese region like my new.wifi 6 router.
2021-12-23 23:26:22
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Xiaomi Wear App
Doing our Part 1 : World Environment Day
Scam Buster
Doing our Part October : United Nations
Mi to You October 2021
Smart Doorbell Survey
Mi to You December 2021