In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Smart Home

[Discussion] Xiaomi art Camera 2K

2021-12-18 23:16:50
251 8
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share my experience, if anyone is interested of maybe getting one of these cameras in the UK, DO NOT HESITATE!!! They work with UK regional settings and they were recognised by the Mi home app straight away. When you switch them on they talk in Chinese first but after adding it to your home it changes to English. Firmware update right after that and boom a dirt cheap outdoor camera. And don't forget to make sure you get the 2K (new) version because the first model is a bit crappy in video quality like they forgot to adjust the lenses for focus and used something from 1996. Anyways, all the best for Christmas or whatever you celebrate and hopefully you'll get loads of Xiaomi products by Xianta! ☃️
2021-12-18 23:16:50
Favorites RateRate
Just to chime in, they are NOT meant for outdoors as not weather/waterproof. Fine if you put them inside on a window sill, but otherwise, be super careful
2021-12-18 23:18:59

Advanced Bunny

HungarianHustler Author | from app

Torlyn
Just to chime in, they are NOT meant for outdoors as not weather/waterproof. Fine if you put them inside on a window sill, but otherwise, be super careful

gonna be honest probably something directed my attention away from doing thorough reading or someone advertised it with an outside picture or the older previous version was weather resistant now I'm not sure. but thanks for the reply. in my case they will be under cover but now not sure about the temperature changes. will see how it goes at least it was dirt cheap 💥🤠
2021-12-18 23:26:27

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

HungarianHustler
gonna be honest probably something directed my attention away from doing thorough reading or someone advertised it with an outside picture or the older previous version was weather resistant now I'm not sure. but thanks for the reply. in my case they will be under cover but now not sure about the temperature changes. will see how it goes at least it was dirt cheap 💥🤠

yeah, humidity will get to them though. But yeah, as long as you're aware of that... If you want weather proof ones, the outdoor ones cane a few days ago on the mi store (just be aware they need the receiver to function)
2021-12-19 00:04:03

Advanced Bunny

Torlyn
yeah, humidity will get to them though. But yeah, as long as you're aware of that... If you want weather proof ones, the outdoor ones cane a few days ago on the mi store (just be aware they need the receiver to function)

I got one of them from Amazon they had them before the Mi store and was only £69. they come with the router thing. not tried them yet as it's my own present! 🤣🎄🎅☃️💥🤠 honestly I'm sure they advertised these with a picture outside!
2021-12-19 00:14:54

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

I got two of these when they first came out. Got them from AliExpress at £14 each. On AliExpress they are advertised as being suitable for outdoor use and I have had one fixed to my outside garage wall  (south facing and overlooking the sea) without problem. I also have one indoors. They are brilliant and work well with MI Home providing the region is set to China. I also have a 360 Mi camera , I have linked all three in a security camera scene in Mi Home and have then created on/off short cuts in the home screen. So one touch will turn all my security cameras on and off
2021-12-23 15:52:11

Advanced Bunny

spaceprobe
I got two of these when they first came out. Got them from AliExpress at £14 each. On AliExpress they are advertised as being suitable for outdoor use and I have had one fixed to my outside garage wall  (south facing and overlooking the sea) without problem. I also have one indoors. They are brilliant and work well with MI Home providing the region is set to China. I also have a 360 Mi camera , I have linked all three in a security camera scene in Mi Home and have then created on/off short cuts in the home screen. So one touch will turn all my security cameras on and off

Yeah I'm sure I've seen them advertised as an outdoor cam but thanks for confirming they do survive outside. I'm going to install it at the front soon and this 2k version has a way better quality than the older one. Have you not tried changing the region to UK? Just because even the older one works with UK region and this new one was even easier to setup. Are you using one of those Mi nfc tags?
2021-12-23 16:46:35

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

HungarianHustler
Yeah I'm sure I've seen them advertised as an outdoor cam but thanks for confirming they do survive outside. I'm going to install it at the front soon and this 2k version has a way better quality than the older one. Have you not tried changing the region to UK? Just because even the older one works with UK region and this new one was even easier to setup. Are you using one of those Mi nfc tags?

not used a tag, I have a few few things that need the Chinese region like my new.wifi 6 router.
2021-12-23 23:26:22

Advanced Bunny

spaceprobe
not used a tag, I have a few few things that need the Chinese region like my new.wifi 6 router.

Yeah aliexpress is full of great xiaomi stuff. But the routers are not bad that they advertise on their app here! For that money they are high tech for sure
2021-12-23 23:29:02