In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI ROM

[Global ROM] Redmi Note 10 Pro: Fingerprint Scanner is not working after upgrading to 12.5.8

2021-10-18 00:22:52
285 6
I have upgraded my Redmi Note 10 Pro to the latest version i.e. 12.5.8. After installing the latest version, my phone's lockscreen does not unlocking with Fingerprint Scanner.
Please Note: I have removed and added back the fingerprints.
I also have done CIT test of fingerprint scanner and it Passes the test.
The fingerprint is working to sign in the other apps.
Only it is not unlocking the phone when phone is locked.
Attached here is the screenshot of About phone.
2021-10-18 00:22:52
Favorites RateRate
Dear User,
Thanks for reaching here in MIUI sub forum. Kindly follow these steps: Open Settings- Passwords & security-Fingerprint unlock-Scroll down to Use fingerprints for-Lock screen-Turn it ON. Hope your issue will be solved then.
Thanks
2021-10-18 01:06:20

Rookie Bunny

Ayaz Khan A-Xee Author | from app

Md. Tarikul Islam
Dear User,
Thanks for reaching here in MIUI sub forum. Kindly follow these steps: Open Settings- Passwords & security-Fingerprint unlock-Scroll down to Use fingerprints for-Lock screen-Turn it ON. Hope your issue will be solved then.
Thanks

I have tried it and its already on.
2021-10-18 01:10:33
Dear User,
Kindly record a video of your issue, upload it on YouTube and share the link here for further assistance.
Thanks
2021-10-18 01:14:52

Rookie Bunny

Md. Tarikul Islam
Dear User,
Kindly record a video of your issue, upload it on YouTube and share the link here for further assistance.
Thanks

please guide me, how to downgrade to the last version which I was using.<br>
Thanks
2021-10-18 07:23:56
Dear User,
We don't recommend to downgrade. But you can do it at your own risk by following this - https://c.mi.com/thread-1857937-1-0.html.
Thanks
2021-10-18 10:37:31

Rookie Bunny

Md. Tarikul Islam
Dear User,
We don't recommend to downgrade. But you can do it at your own risk by following this - https://c.mi.com/thread-1857937-1-0.html.
Thanks

Hello, any other solution that works??? I mean before upgrading to the latest release, the fingerprint scanner was working fine and upon a touch it was opening the device's lock screen. But when I upgraded it to the latest version, it did not work even one time.
2021-10-20 06:48:21