In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Phones

[Q & A] Loss of Android Services?

2021-10-05 20:19:43
310 13
It is with sadness that my Redmi Note 10 is to be consigned to the junk draw of death. Over the last few weeks I first noticed an issue with YouTube then in the last few days it has refused to connect with Android services at all. Have followed all the Xiaomi advice re clearing Cache's, permissions etc to no avail. Yes I am putting in the right password as all my other Android devices are functioning perfectly. Back to my Samsung Note 10 unless there is any other suggestion short of a factory reset?
2021-10-05 20:19:43
Favorites RateRate

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Daft question, but what is your miui version, both numbers and letters in brackets? (found in phone settings/anout phone)
2021-10-05 22:03:11

Rookie Bunny

6457326436 Author | from app

Hi Torlyn please see attached photo.
2021-10-05 22:12:34

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

ok, was asking as it sounded like a Chinese version issue. You didn't import thd phone, right? If so, I d say indeed a factory reset, tbh you don't have much to lose at that point if it s back to a drawer for it
2021-10-05 23:17:56

Rookie Bunny

As far as I know not a direct import, bought off Amazon with next day delivery but who knows. Yes you may well be right, might be worth a factory reset, just can't bare the thought of setting it all up again. Oh well will think about it. Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.
2021-10-06 01:03:58

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

back it all up to Mi Cloud if Google not working and it makes a factory reset easier
2021-10-06 13:25:27
6457326436 replied at 2021-10-05 18:03:58
As far as I know not a direct import, bought off Amazon with next day delivery but who knows. Yes you may well be right, might be worth a factory reset, just can't bare the thought of setting it all up again. Oh well will think about it. Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I get that it is a pain. What I'd recommend first though is do a factory reset (of course backup your stuff first), and just blitz through the setup process without copying anything back (bear with me). Then go and check that google DOES work. If it does, reset again (just a minute's job), and restore your stuff, sorted. As imagine resetting, restoring, THEN seeing it doesn't work, double the GRRRR factor.
And if it indeed doesn't work still, I'd recommend you claim on warranty, something not right there, which is better for you than having a phone in a drawer.
2021-10-06 15:10:21

Rookie Bunny

Torlyn
Yeah, I get that it is a pain. What I'd recommend first though is do a factory reset (of course backup your stuff first), and just blitz through the setup process without copying anything back (bear with me). Then go and check that google DOES work. If it does, reset again (just a minute's job), and restore your stuff, sorted. As imagine resetting, restoring, THEN seeing it doesn't work, double the GRRRR factor.
And if it indeed doesn't work still, I'd recommend you claim on warranty, something not right there, which is better for you than having a phone in a drawer.

Hmm, am trying to factory reset, have backed up to both mi cloud and computer but it just won't do it, I would be most grateful for any further advice.
2021-10-08 20:16:35
6457326436 replied at 2021-10-08 13:16:35
Hmm, am trying to factory reset, have backed up to both mi cloud and computer but it just won't do it, I would be most grateful for any further advice.

Ok, what do you mean it won't do it, it won't reset? Go to settings, in the search bar type factory, click factory reset, click on the bottom ''erase all data'' button. You may have nags (wait for the countdowns to end for the button to confirm to be ungreyed off), and you might have to give your mi account password if asked by the phone
2021-10-08 20:42:10

Rookie Bunny

yep, done all that press the button and nothing happens. have also tried to connect the phone to the PC via the mi pc suite and it keeps telling me I need to update my phone software but there are no updates currently. seems that every direction I go I am blocked.
2021-10-08 20:59:20

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

yep, done all that press the button and nothing happens. have also tried to connect the phone to the PC via the mi pc suite and it keeps telling me I need to update my phone software but there are no updates currently. seems that every direction I go I am blocked.

mi pc suite has been obsolete for year. OK, go to the recovery (reboot, then press and hold volune up until it boits into a three option menu), then use the wipe data option
2021-10-08 21:39:59