mashup 29.08.21.jpg (699.6 KB, Downloads: 129)
2021-10-03 22:59:37 Upload
Good afternoon Xiaomi fans (not Mi Fans anymore :P)
I must say that I reached my inner geek satisfactions as I am now the owner of a Xiaomi Smart Airfryer, Hairdryer Ionic H300 and Xiaomi Smart Toothbrush T500 :D. You can expect some unboxings coming out soon and reviews will come soon after! It feels good getting my hands on some gear once again!
Xiaomi 11TPro has now some insane deals, so if you feel like putting your hands in some good gear, head to the Three website or Vodafone where you can get a bundle with an Airfryer, Smart Clock and 2x 1080p 360 cameras for free! (24 month contracts)
Your news for the week:
1. Most searched work on Bing is "Google" - As Alphabet, Google's parent company, is currently in court over a antitrust order back in 2018, the company claims that Bing's most searched word is "Google". The reason behind it, says Google, is that people use the search engine because they want it and not because they are forced to, which is the basis of the current lawsuit, which states the search engine giant is creating a monopoly around their products. Google also claims that from a survey to European users, 95% said they preferred Google over any other search engine.
Read the full story here : https://kotaku.com/this-is-awkward-but-the-most-searched-word-on-bing-is-1847787828
2. New Amazon's online game had more than 10,000 in the queue - New World, the new MMORPG by Amazon has launched on the 29th September after a long waiting (and many delays) and registered more than 700,000 users simultaneously, reaching the top games played on Steam. However there are reports of long queues to join the servers, with some people reporting several hours of waiting time and limited server capacity for so many players. Although the game has been launched only a few days ago, Amazon already assured players that it is already working on a solution to be implemented soon.
Read the full story here : https://www.polygon.com/22700460/new-world-server-mmo-queue-times-amazon-game-studios
3. eFootball 2022 launch an absolute disaster - Just a few days after its launch, eFootball, which is meant to be the replacement for the previous Pro Evolution Soccer, has reached the status of most hated game on Steam, being the game with most negative reviews ever. Although it's a free game (with paid loot boxes), the hype created around it was met with a game with several bugs in players movement and pace and as well horrendous graphic performances on cutscenes. Players reported various bugs including players running with their arms folded back and general unnatural movements on animations.
Read the full story here : https://www.polygon.com/22704246/konami-efootball-pes-launch-glitches-steam
4. ABB announces world's fastest EV charger - Named Terra 360, this fast charger can reach 360kW output and will be available from this year in the European markets. It features a dynamic power distribution between up to 4 vehicles, meaning the drivers with their cars connected to the charger don't have to wait for each other to end the charging cycle. According to the company, these chargers are better suited for installation in fueling stations, commercial spaces and also companies that need to charge large car fleets.
Read the full story here : https://insideevs.com/news/537633/abb-terra-360-fast-charger/
5. Trump is suing Twitter to restore his account - Donald Trump has filed a lawsuit in Florida against Twitter and is seeking an injuction to get his account restored after being banned. Trump, that had his account suspended after the Capitol incidents back in January, claims that Twitter was "coerced" by members of the US congress and he has been repeatedly censored during his term but Twitter's censorship policy hasn't been applied equally towards other users, including the Taliban being allowed to post content gloryfing its violence in taking down their government just a few months back.
Read the full story here : https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/2/22705584/trump-sues-reinstate-twitter-account-jan-6-riot-protest
6. UK court rules that AI created inventions can't be patented - According to the court, patents are meant to assign the ownership of rights to its human creator. AI, being non-human, doesn't enjoy the same rights and therefore and invetions can't be patented. Many creators over the last years have been fighting for patent rights over creations by their AI's, claiming that they were behind its development. The case, which was brought (and lost) on the High Court, will now transit to the Court of Appeal.
Read the full story here : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58668534
7. iPhone 13 Pro beats 12 Pro in photography but still behind its competitors - According to DxOMark rank, the new iPhone 13 Pro reached a total of 137 points on its photography gradings, which marks an improvement from its previous devices, mainly on the improvement and usage of its photo hardware. However this phone is still behind its competitors, including the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra.
Read the full story here : https://www.dxomark.com/apple-iphone-13-pro-camera-review-outstanding-video/
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .