In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Smart Home

[Unboxing & Review] Mi 360° Home Security Camera 2K - The Review

2021-10-03 20:29:01
2740 7

Hi all,

It has been a VERY long time since I have posted a review on the Mi Community as I didn't have any new products but this changes today! I purchased the Mi 360° Home Security Camera 2K to replace my Mi Home Security Camera 360° 1080p.This camera has served me well in my porch and I wanted to get the latest and greatest available in the UK.

[size=14.6667px]

Unboxing:

[size=14.6667px]

I was greeted with this box:

These were the contents:

This was a very simple, straight to the point unboxing.

[size=14.6667px]

Design:

Having a look at the above image, the camera looks identical. The body of the camera is the same, location of the micro usb and reset button is the same but the only differentiating factor of the device is the gold ring on the 2k which looks great.

[size=14.6667px]

Setup

The setup process was simple and fast ( it only took me 5 mins). Look at the following screenshots:

Fitting the device was very easy since the body of the new camera is the same as the old one. I had drilled the hole In the ceiling and brought through the wire like this:

The camera then just twisted on and it now looks like this:

Since I have installed the camera upside down, in the camera settings, I had to flip the image.

I have also installed a micro SD card so the camera will record 24/7. You canalso set it up for NAS network storage

Software:

[size=14.6667px]

The interface is the same as the 1080p camera and it very easy to use:

It is also very easy to move the camera by either swiping on the image or using this:

I also like the attention to detail with my control center as they added the gold ring. I know that is a very little detail but I love it!

Image quality at day:

[size=14.6667px]

With the correct settings turned on, the image quality is fantastic! The details are well captured and a good amount of brightness:

Compared to the old camera, there is a slight improvement in the details. I have placed a book and have zoomed in 4x and the writing is sharper on the 2K camera:

Image quality at night:

With the night mode turned on, the details are well captured inside the porch and outside however, take note that I have outdoor lights which improves the image quality.

With colour mode at night turned on, the night looks like day! There is a full colour image! Have a look:

This is a fantastic feature found on the camera and I know a lot of people will appreciate it. it can be found in settings:

Final verdict:

Pros:

*good image quality
*Good integration with an existing Xiaomi smart home
*Easy upgrade from the Mi Home Security Camera 360° 1080p
*Affordable price
*Free cloud storage for motion events

Cons:

*Does not come with a plug in the box

*Does not work as a Bluetooth hub

Overall, this camera is a great one and has a very compelling price at only £50. The cons can be forgiven simply due to the price. If you are in need for a great indoor camera, this is the one!

Purchased here

Will you be getting the Mi 360° Home Security Camera 2K?

Let me know!

Nad.Nan

2021-10-03 20:29:01
Favorites2 RateRate

Master Bunny

Nad. nan Author | from app

if you have any questions, tap HERE so I get notified
2021-10-03 20:58:20
Excellent unboxing and review Nad. Nan, Lots of useful information about the camera and some good photos/screen shots.
2021-10-04 00:08:01
The UK community has now moved to a new platform. Click Here  If you are in the UK please visit Google Play Store and update the Community app.

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Brilliant review, thank you so much :D
2021-10-04 02:06:12

Mi Blogger

Kenny_P | from app

Excellent review, great comparison to the 1080p version as well, night shots in colour looks really good
2021-10-04 03:03:31

Master Bunny

Evermore | from app

Excellent review Mi friend, I had thought about upgrading to the 2k cameras but I'm holding with hope for the external cameras to be available in the UK :P
2021-10-04 15:03:51

Master Bunny

'PG'.., | from app

Great review, thanks for sharing :D
2021-10-05 13:15:33
Very nice review and unboxing.. Thank you very much
2021-10-08 06:38:56