In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Deals

[Discussion] Mi Pad 5 sold out in 10 minutes?

2021-09-23 15:22:10
853 16

Checked at 8:10 and sale started at 8:00 is this a new record?
2021-09-23 15:22:10
Favorites RateRate

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

I forgot, looked at 8 20, and was in between sad and proud. But now, 10 minutes? Proof that it's a no brainer at that price
2021-09-23 16:22:15

Rookie Bunny

1884919803 | from app

it was 'Sold Out' before then!<br>
Will new stock be offered at the intro price?
2021-09-23 16:22:31
Obviously Sold Out, when they have a (so-called) "Flash Sale" and only stock 2 items. Xiaomi's flash sales are nonsense, it's all marketing hype to get you to their page, ALWAYS sold out. I've been trying for years now, and EVERY single Flash Sale is Sold Out as soon as it starts. DO NOT BELIEVE Xiaomi, it's all nonsense.
2021-09-23 16:26:36

Pro Bunny

Darrel Malex | from app

oh,,,, how could &#128555;
2021-09-23 17:04:19

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Paulo De Freitas
Obviously Sold Out, when they have a (so-called) &amp;quot;Flash Sale&amp;quot; and only stock 2 items. Xiaomi's flash sales are nonsense, it's all marketing hype to get you to their page, ALWAYS sold out. I've been trying for years now, and EVERY single Flash Sale is Sold Out as soon as it starts. DO NOT BELIEVE Xiaomi, it's all nonsense.

not true, I have bought quite a few items on flash sales
2021-09-23 17:15:33

Advanced Bunny

Celticnew | from app

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&amp;uid=1581415569Paulo De Freitas/url
Obviously Sold Out, when they have a (so-called) &amp;amp;quot;Flash Sale&amp;amp;quot; and only stock 2 items. Xiaomi's flash sales are nonsense, it's all marketing hype to get you to their page, ALWAYS sold out. I've been trying for years now, and EVERY single Flash Sale is Sold Out as soon as it starts. DO NOT BELIEVE Xiaomi, it's all nonsense./quote

It seems fairly ridiculous to hype a product so much pre launch and then not have it available or so little stock.   Its bad preparation and narrow sighted. Likewise , the decision not to launch the pro model of the pad.

If Xiaomi wants to be a real global brand it will need to get it's act together and give us in the UK a better offering overall.  

They cherry pick what will be the most profitable.   
2021-09-23 18:07:57

Master Bunny

Evermore | from app

Celticnew
It seems fairly ridiculous to hype a product so much pre launch and then not have it available or so little stock.   Its bad preparation and narrow sighted.

How would you know how many units were available? In China they sold 200,000 units in 5 minutes. it's frustrating not to get one (I didn't unfortunately!) but sometimes it's about luck and nothing else
2021-09-23 18:14:13

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Celticnew
It seems fairly ridiculous to hype a product so much pre launch and then not have it available or so little stock.   Its bad preparation and narrow sighted. Likewise , the decision not to launch the pro model of the pad.

If Xiaomi wants to be a real global brand it will need to get it's act together and give us in the UK a better offering overall.  

and I don't think that the Pro is selling outside of China either. Tablets are a weird market, the top end of the convertibles tends to be dominated by Windows one for productivity, which is not surprising, so it would be a weird thing to bring it to sell just a few units
2021-09-23 19:03:31

Advanced Bunny

Celticnew | from app

I am sure there would be demand for the Pro model. As always China gets the best selection of products for their home market.   The rest of Europe especially Spain is where they have a much better selection than the UK and of course they are cheaper too.    By the time they get to the UK there is less still.   And of course we pay more !!   I love Xiaomi especially as they make good products but UK customers deserve a better range.        

For Xiaomi to become truly 'global' they have alot of work to do.   
2021-09-23 19:46:58

Advanced Bunny

Celticnew | from app

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&amp;uid=6192606265Evermore/url
How would you know how many units were available? In China they sold 200,000 units in 5 minutes. it's frustrating not to get one (I didn't unfortunately!) but sometimes it's about luck and nothing else/quote

I personally have no idea how many pads were made available.   it could have been 2 or 20,000.    lol.  No one knows and it's the other guy who made that point about numbers and  not me.  
My point is that there is little point to hype up a product so much pre launch and then can't meet consumer demand.     It's not good business or indeed good publicity.   It irks me so much that the UK isn't treated seriously by Xiaomi.   I would love to see Xiaomi behave more  like a global player and not cherry picking it's markets so decisively.
2021-09-23 19:55:28