In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tech

[] Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27" - Perfect Gaming Companion

2021-09-19 23:07:51
3662 14

What's up Xiaomi Fans!

This is the Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", Xiaomi's latest gaming monitor. It has refresh rate of 165Hz, a QHD 2K ultra-clear display with a maximum resolution of 2560x1440. But before I get so excited let me show you what we can find inside the box.
  • Calibration Report
  • User Manual
  • Power cable
  • DisplayPort cable
  • USB Cable
  • Wall Mount Screws
  • Hex Studs
  • Base
  • Stand
  • Monitor

Tools are not required to secure the stand from the base. It has a single screw built-in which you can just tighten with your hand. Mounting the monitor does not need any tool as it has a lock to secure it in place. It is easy to place the monitor on the base and very convenient to remove it with a single release button.

The Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27" comes with a rotating stand with adjustable height that supports wall mounting. You can always find an angle that suits you I find it perfect for my set up.

You can adjust the monitor by
  • Vertical adjustment
  • Tilting
  • Portrait mode
  • Horizontal rotation
  • Mounting on the wall

Most of the Mi 2K Gaming Monitor body is made out of plastic but the metal stand feels extra premium. The base plate is made of aluminum and can be detached without tools and the stand itself is also made of metal. The finish is smooth and nice to touch.

At the back center you can find the Mi logo and the Hidden heat dissipation vent. I also has 2 USB ports, 3.5mm jack, power port, 2 HDMI ports, DisplayPort and the USB 3.0 B-Type. It also has a magnetic cover at the back.

At the bottom right you can see the power button and 4 menu buttons.

It has thin top and sides bezel and a slightly ticker chin.

The OSD (On-screen-display) menu quite straight forward and it's fairly well laid out too. You have a main menu, a quick switch between input sources and a quick toggle of the available presets. You can choose between Standard, which is basically user-defined, ECO, Game, Movie, Low Blue Light and sRGB. Some modes are locked you can't adjust some of the advanced settings if you set a Smart mode. An option to turn on or off the Adaptive sync is also available, as well as setting the IMBC to 1ms and response rate to 1ms if your computer supports it.

More on it's specs
  • Rated voltage 100–240 V~
  • Rated current 1.5A
  • Screen size 27 inches
  • Recommended resolution 2560 × 1440
  • Maximum resolution 2560 × 1440
  • Visible area (diagonal) 68.6 cm
  • Response time 1ms (IMBC), 4ms (GTG)
  • Refresh rate 165Hz
  • Color gamut 95% DCI-P3, 100% sRGB
  • Number of colors 16.7 million
  • HDR VESA DisplayHDR™ 400
  • Contrast 1000:1 (TYP)
  • Rated power 35W (TYP), 75W Max
  • Dot pitch 0.2331 (H) × 0.2331 (V)
  • Operating temperature 0°C to 45°C
  • Net weight 6.53kg
  • Operating humidity 20% RH-80% RH
  • Dimensions 609.44 (L) × 200.00 (W) × 461.25 (H)mm

On paper it can go as fast as 4ms response rate which is pretty much the best you can get on an IPS panel. 4ms is pretty fast to begin with and only a handful of experienced gamers would notice the minor ghosting that occurs at 4ms, unfortunately I am not one of them.

The monitor's 27-inch QHD IPS LCD panel is capable of up to 400 nits brightness and 1000:1 static contrast ratio. It's also compliant with VESA's DisplayHDR 400 standard. The device is also TUV certified for low blue light emissions and has a dedicated mode for an extended gaming or working.

As mentioned by Xiaomi, every Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27" has been calibrated to the standard of △E  2 (typical value). The images and videos on the screen are true to life with vivid and accurate colors which is true as far as I can tell.

For me the size is just right, I love the ergonomics and design of this monitor. The colors looks so natural and having a high refresh rate of 165Hz is a huge plus.

What do you think?

You can watch full review video below.

This has been Christian from All About Mi (YouTube). See you on my next thread.

2021-09-19 23:07:51
Favorites3 RateRate
Oh, that's a nice one, was actually thinking of buying a couple to replace my old setup, your review really helps, thanks :)
2021-09-19 23:25:19

Master Bunny

Nad. nan | from app

that's a cool display, I love the adjustability on the stand. great review!
2021-09-20 01:29:54
Great review, Thanks.
2021-09-20 05:00:44
The UK community has now moved to a new platform. Click Here  If you are in the UK please visit Google Play Store and update the Community app.

Master Bunny

Evermore | from app

Like I said, haven't seen you in the comm in ages :P The gaming monitor looks amazing, too bad I no longer have a desktop or have the time to game :(
2021-09-20 14:38:32

Xiaomi Explorers

Zethazed | from app

wow I don't understand anything about monitors, but just look at how easy you move it on the support! at work I had only D*** monitors and every time it was a battle to move it from horizontal to vertical!
2021-09-20 22:10:24

Mi Influencer

GunplaMad | from app

Wow Christian! This is the best thread I've seen on the community in a few years mate. Extremely well put together and I love gif images showing features. Thanks so much and love to see more like this. Was nice to meet you face to face as well... Top Lad...
2021-09-21 14:33:02

Master Bunny

'PG'.., | from app

Great review, thanks for sharing :D
2021-09-21 20:35:49

Grand Master Bunny

RichG | from MI 8

Thanks for sharing.
2021-09-21 21:00:28

Super moderator

Sudd1976 | from app

awesome review for a brilliant bit of kit
2021-09-21 22:04:48

Advanced Bunny

D Bear | from app

Awesome review. For me it's either a new monitor or a steamdeck. This one ticks all the boxes monitor wise
2021-09-22 04:27:14