In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Off-topic

[Not only tech] The Magic is fading for me

2021-09-16 07:45:41
562 15
I went to the London mi store today to pick up a new 360 cam. Online the mi UK store has the 1080p version for £35, the 2k version for £40. In store, the 1080p version read £40 and the 2k version £60.Both I can can on AliExpress with 10 day delivery for around £30. There were no battery power backs, no of the leads eithat turn from micro USB to usb c and to be honest nothing worth getting excited about.I've spent £650 on my mi 11 (had to get it from Amazon as the mi 11 launch was atrocious and didn't even get the one I wanted) which is now smashed an obviously not covered by any kind of warranty. I'm not interested in buying another phone yet there STILL doesn't seem to be much in. We were going to get a mi TV box on "open" day but, low and behold they weren't for sale so we've since bought a new Chromecast with Google TV which has better reviews anyway.Of all the cool gear Xiaomi does, they have hardly brought any to the UK legitimately and what they have in store is an extortionatly inflated price.Sad to say I won't be buying from or visiting the Westfield store again, I'll be sticking with AliExpress from now on as I can't justify spending £20-30 extra for an item just because it's in store.Not a very happy long-term fan and customer here.
2021-09-16 07:45:41
Favorites RateRate
I understand your concern, but the Mi Store in Westfield and the online store are two separate entities.
From what I gather, the brick and mortar store is run under a franchise, and of course, they set the prices as they have to pay for the costs of the shop, which are way higher than a website where not only they operate from a country where employment costs are way lower, but they save a massive amount on service as very few people are prepared to send their kit back to China in case an issue surfaces.

The stock availaibility is a problem, but it's not exactly a rare thing in 2021 UK, as products that need importing are seriously thin on the ground everywhere.
2021-09-16 09:40:04

Semi Pro Bunny

yenrod | from app

That's a concrete post there Torlyn 😋
2021-09-16 15:14:11

Rookie Bunny

SuperNiki Author | from app

Torlyn
I understand your concern, but the Mi Store in Westfield and the online store are two separate entities.
From what I gather, the brick and mortar store is run under a franchise, and of course, they set the prices as they have to pay for the costs of the shop, which are way higher than a website where not only they operate from a country where employment costs are way lower, but they save a massive amount on service as very few people are prepared to send their kit back to China in case an issue surfaces.

I totally get what you're saying and have no arguments there at all, but from a customer perspective it seems like we're being ripped off. it's not a good customer experience and just makes me feel like the customer is the last person to be thought of. <br>
the staff t the store yesterday we're lovely, but sadly I won't be going there again. I can understand slightly higher prices, but we're talking an extra £30 for the same product? sadly that's too high
2021-09-16 15:27:26
SuperNiki
I totally get what you're saying and have no arguments there at all, but from a customer perspective it seems like we're being ripped off. it's not a good customer experience and just makes me feel like the customer is the last person to be thought of. &lt;br&gt;
the staff t the store yesterday we're lovely, but sadly I won't be going there again. I can understand slightly higher prices, but we're talking an extra £30 for the same product? sadly that's too high

You need to shop around and check prices whenever you buy anything, Prices online can be cheaper than in-store due to lower costs, In my experience most things you buy in the UK are more expensive than else where. This applies to anything you buy, Not just Xiaomi products.
2021-09-16 15:51:41
The UK community has now moved to a new platform. Click Here  If you are in the UK please visit Google Play Store and update the Community app.
SuperNiki replied at 2021-09-16 08:27:26
I totally get what you're saying and have no arguments there at all, but from a customer perspective it seems like we're being ripped off. it's not a good customer experience and just makes me feel like the customer is the last person to be thought of. &lt;br&gt;

Yeah, I completely get that. I guess some people don't mind and prefer the convenience of bringing it home straight away, but I agree that it's a rather hard pill to swallow for a lot
2021-09-16 16:04:14

Advanced Bunny

Celticnew | from app

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;uid=1821313576SuperNiki/url
I totally get what you're saying and have no arguments there at all, but from a customer perspective it seems like we're being ripped off. it's not a good customer experience and just makes me feel like the customer is the last person to be thought of. &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;
the staff t the store yesterday we're lovely, but sadly I won't be going there again. I can understand slightly higher prices, but we're talking an extra £30 for the same product? sadly that's too high/quote

I sooo agree with this.  The prices at the launch yesterday don't apply to UK buyers.  As I pointed out in another post ,   We have to pay a 20% premium to those at the launch yesterday.     The UK customer needs to get a better deal.    The Mi Store in Spain also throw in a free TV with the purchase of the Mi 11T. If you buy the Xiaomi Pad 5 you get one of 5 free gifts.   All I am saying is that UK customers should be getting a better deal.     The magic is rapidly fading for me too.   I love the Xiaomi products but don't like this approach.
2021-09-16 16:21:25

Rookie Bunny

SuperNiki Author | from app

that's the thing isn't it. I don't actually mind paying a bit more to get it in store on the day, like I was happy to pay £40 as on the website for the 2k version I can get for I think around £30/35 on AliExpress because my camera has gone wrong (another issue entirely) and I want a replacement asap. an extra £20 on the website prices, making an extra what £30/35 to AliExpress isn't good though and does make me feel like I'm being fleeced.<br>
I got the 1080p version in the end because I need to replace the camera pronto, but I travelled an extra 2 hours out of my way to do that. &#128543;
2021-09-16 16:30:06

Advanced Bunny

Celticnew | from app

Yes that's really disappointing.   Amazon have the 2K version on sale for just under £37.     url=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Security-Installation-Multiple-Platform/dp/B08R8LKBV9/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=OS0NW9JK2EZR&amp;dchild=1&amp;keywords=xiaomi%2Bhome%2Bsecurity%2Bcamera&amp;qid=1631781462&amp;qsid=257-8822061-7423369&amp;sprefix=xiaomi%2Bhome%2B&amp;sr=8-2&amp;sres=B08P5G51GN%2CB07P12T1G3%2CB08LLCZXQG%2CB07KCZ1J2V%2CB07XR2NWZC%2CB08L4NQYHV%2CB07JY7K3SZ%2CB092619Y4K%2CB0794TN8J5%2CB07CPRK6C5%2CB08HWC2F44&amp;srpt=SECURITY_CAMERA&amp;th=1&amp;psc=1https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Security-Installation-Multiple-Platform/dp/B08R8LKBV9/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=OS0NW9JK2EZR&amp;dchild=1&amp;keywords=xiaomi%2Bhome%2Bsecurity%2Bcamera&amp;qid=1631781462&amp;qsid=257-8822061-7423369&amp;sprefix=xiaomi%2Bhome%2B&amp;sr=8-2&amp;sres=B08P5G51GN%2CB07P12T1G3%2CB08LLCZXQG%2CB07KCZ1J2V%2CB07XR2NWZC%2CB08L4NQYHV%2CB07JY7K3SZ%2CB092619Y4K%2CB0794TN8J5%2CB07CPRK6C5%2CB08HWC2F44&amp;srpt=SECURITY_CAMERA&amp;th=1&amp;psc=1/url
2021-09-16 16:40:39
6479305075 replied at 2021-09-16 09:21:25
I sooo agree with this.  The prices at the launch yesterday don't apply to UK buyers.  As I pointed out in another post ,   We have to pay a 20% premium to those at the launch yesterday.     The UK customer needs to get a better deal.    The Mi Store in Spain also throw in a free TV with the purchase of the Mi 11T. If you buy the Xiaomi Pad 5 you get one of 5 free gifts.   All I am saying is that UK customers should be getting a better deal.     The magic is rapidly fading for me too.   I love the Xiaomi products but don't like this approach.

Mate, could you please stop with that, the UK prices were published an hour or so after the stream, so your point is now completely moot
2021-09-16 17:36:52

Advanced Bunny

Celticnew | from app

Torlyn
Mate, could you please stop with that, the UK prices were published an hour or so after the stream, so your point is now completely moot

Firstly , there is no need to be so defensive.  The UK (higher)  prices were published many hours later on the app and I made a few posts about that as it was disappointing.  
It was great you guys had a nice time at the (private) UK launch.   What might have been helpful would have been a UK relevant stream from that.   It's a shame as it was a missed opportunity.  Please accept this as constructive criticism.   
2021-09-16 17:57:43