In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Phones

[Q & A] why does my Redmi note 9 constantly freeze when viewing Instagram stories?

2021-08-14 03:04:17
446 7
So my phone will just freeze on Instagram stories and scrolling through Instagram. It will be frozen for like 2-3 minutes and I'll get a message MIUI has stopped working. Happening at least twice a day
2021-08-14 03:04:17
Favorites RateRate

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

A message miui has stopped, not Instagram? Did you recently get an update?
2021-08-14 03:42:41
Try clearing the cache or data for the Instagram app, Long press the app icon (hold your finger on it until a menu appears) and select app info, Then clear data at the bottom of the screen. If there is a clear cache try that first, If not clear all data. After doing so you may need to sign in to your account again. Also make sure you have a good internet connection when loading stories.
2021-08-14 03:45:43
Keep your phone updated with all the latest app, security and system updates.
Click here for details.
Backup data with Xiaomi Cloud and Google Sync.
Click here for details.

Rookie Bunny

6461315179 Author | from app

Torlyn
A message miui has stopped, not Instagram? Did you recently get an update?

I always get that message when viewing Instagram stories, amongst other things (like opening this app for example). It's recently been updated but has been doing it with the previous update and essentially since I purchased the phone (2-3months ago).<br>
2021-08-14 03:45:52

Rookie Bunny

South of the Humber
Try clearing the cache or data for the Instagram app, Long press the app icon (hold your finger on it until a menu appears) and select app info, Then clear data at the bottom of the screen. If there is a clear cache try that first, If not clear all data. After doing so you may need to sign in to your account again. Also make sure you have a good internet connection when loading stories.

Yeah I do this from time to time along with the data clean up pretty often. But will try do it more frequently to see it that helps anything
2021-08-14 03:47:56

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Thing is, we see a lot of bugs on facebook owned apps, they tend to throw new stuff in all the time, and of course that means it will clash with the platforms they run on.
2021-08-14 04:14:13

Rookie Bunny

if anyone else has this issue, turning off root access solved my issues. Issue was happening with many other applications and functions, didn't just apply to Instagram stories.
none of the suggestions above were helpful
2021-09-12 07:03:22
6461315179 replied at 2021-09-12 00:03:22
if anyone else has this issue, turning off root access solved my issues. Issue was happening with many other applications and functions, didn't just apply to Instagram stories.
none of the suggestions above were helpful

Ah, thanks for the update. We tend to assume, unless the user tells us, that the ROM is stock/unrooted, as most are
2021-09-12 15:42:16