In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A3

[Discussion] bugs and android 12

2021-07-20 06:39:42
807 7
Since Xiaomi is doing so well I've been thinking that they at least could put more effort into the Mi a3 for the rest of the year even though they don't make them anymore, there's so much bugs and it's so annoying and it's a bummer because the phone quality is actually good.

I know it's not gonna get an Android 12 upgrade but I think it would be so nice since de 11 doesn't work that well and it's not so appealing.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2021-07-20 06:39:42
Favorites RateRate
bad news...

if the a1, a2/lite is an example of how they work,

after the last major update they switch to security patches only and dont fix anything.

and since there's no new android one phones coming from xiaomi i fear the a3 will get treated even worse.
2021-07-21 05:31:21

Rookie Bunny

6409023313 Author | from Mi A3

laviniuc
bad news...

if the a1, a2/lite is an example of how they work,

I think I saw someone say something like this, which is a bummer cause a12 looks like it's gonna be nice and the 11 doesn't have that much change from the previous ones
2021-07-21 06:31:45
U can get Android 12 by custom rom support, but not from xiaomi side and they are performing worst even with their MIUI smartphones...
Its a end of life for MI A3
2021-07-21 15:07:23

Rookie Bunny

R3dDragon990
U can get Android 12 by custom rom support, but not from xiaomi side and they are performing worst even with their MIUI smartphones...
Its a end of life for MI A3

That's a nice idea, but personally I don't think I have the courage to do it since I'm not that familiar with technology. That's true, I read about the problems with miui, it's actually a shame since they were doing well and I always so people complimenting them so much in the past.
2021-07-21 15:24:56
well no, miui devices are even worse, after 1 year most of them get security patches very very late and you can forget about major android upgrades.

xiaomi and proper rom support just dont mix.

when they started the andeoid one phones i was hoping for a change but i guess you cant cure them. they joined the program and did as little as they could for all 4 devices. silly mentality. im almost sure they were invited out of the program by google rather then leave on their own.

lets face it, they are good at just hardware. luckly a lot of phones get custom roms that are miles ahead of the official team.

i would love to see them releasing phones without a rom, at least you know what you pay for that way.
2021-07-21 18:35:49
i think in their twisted mind, they would like to release a phone and never have to fix/update anything on it. this works fine in china, and it's probably where they learnt that.

it's up to us to show them the error of their ways.

and we can do that.

2021-07-21 18:48:58

Rookie Bunny

laviniuc
well no, miui devices are even worse, after 1 year most of them get security patches very very late and you can forget about major android upgrades.

xiaomi and proper rom support just dont mix.

oh my sister has a miui one and I never stopped to think about it, lately I've been reading articles about Xiaomi phones cause I wanna get updated with mine and I didn't even noticed that. But at least they have the miui and they update the miui (kinda poorly lately but still..) and this phone only has android to update but they don't even care. I think they should pay more attention to those updates since they've become bigger globally now.
2021-07-22 15:14:44