In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F2 Pro

[Q&A] MIUI 12.5.1 features not available!

2021-07-19 17:13:02
626 6
I have updated MIUI to 12.5.1 Stable (12.5.1.0 RJKEUXM), Android version is 11 RKQ1.200826.002. My problem is that features which should be available in MIUI 12.5.1 are not available on my POCO F2 Pro, even though all system apps are reported to be in their latest versions. For example:
  • I do not have the possibility to change recent apps to be scrolled horizontally in settings for home screen
  • I do not see button to have an app in floating window, should the button be available somewhere?
  • I have both control center and notifications at once, but it should be possible to swipe left and right between the control center and notifications.

Any idea what I should do to have these features and settings available?
2021-07-19 17:13:02
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Ye Yint Tun | from app

??
2021-07-19 18:32:50

Pro Bunny

darulmaxmur | from app

Poco series always receive stripped version of MIUI. Months ago I was also excited to know that MIUI 12.5 will bring a lot more features like finally allows us to scroll apps horizontally at recent app... but when my Poco F2 Pro updated to MIUI 12.5, this feature isn't there. others like floating windows shortcut which we did have in 12.0.3 or 12.0.4 until now removed and gone missing
2021-07-20 00:07:05

Rookie Bunny

Jirina Author |

Do you have any idea why this is happening? Poco F2 Pro should be powerful enough to be able to handle all MIUI features. Or is it just a Xiaomi company policy that it is not a phone expensive enough to get all features?
2021-07-20 02:40:37

Pro Bunny

darulmaxmur | from app

to name a few Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (International) = Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro (China), Xiaomi Poco X3 GT (International) = Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (China). the Poco series is used to be rebranded Redmi series for China market. the sad part is that Poco series always have less features, stripped MIUI version.
2021-07-22 09:19:55
The way to use it until now it's using the video toolbox. I'm sad that Xiaomi made difficult to us to keeping to multitask. I wish they would hear us and add it back!
2021-08-27 03:44:34

Advanced Bunny

Zebster | from app

I have 12.5 global version and all the features mentioned are working.<br>
For the first feature, go in full screen display, make sure the hide full screen indicator is unchecked, swipe the full screen indicator at the bottom left and right to swap between apps.<br>
for the floting windows, when the app allows floating window you can activate it within the control center.<br>
and finally, you can switch between notifications and the control center by swiping left and right at the top of the screen, if your too low it won't work
Hope it helps.
2021-08-31 09:46:58