In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 10 Series

[] Photo gallery issues

2021-07-08 20:23:06
289 4
I've recently bought a Redmi Note 10, and I'm having issues with the Gallery and in general with the photo storage management. I've set up folders in the Gallery app and arranged the photos in chronological order (newest to older). But, when I want to share images on other apps (facebook, instagram, etc) the folders I can see when I click 'Upload photo' don't match the folders I created in the Gallery app, and the photos show in reverse order with the oldest first! I have just over 2500 images saved, if I want to share the last picture I took then I need to scroll down all the way to the bottom. It's very annoying and a complete waste of time.
Also, when uploading images to Facebook, the option of uploading from Google Photos doesn't show on the file picker. I also have an iPhone and Honor phones and I never had these problems before, I wonder if this is a problem with MIUI system.
Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated.
2021-07-08 20:23:06
Favorites RateRate
That is really weird, as in my share it's always the latest pic modified/uploaded/taken that shows first. It might have been that, by creating these sub-folders, it forced the chronological order, but no idea how.
2021-07-08 21:28:42
I just checked on my phone, If you go into the gallery app and change the order it makes no difference how they are displayed when you attach a photo, They are displayed newest first. I think when you attach a file it uses file manager to select the file, Not the gallery app.
2021-07-08 23:36:00
Keep your phone updated with all the latest app, security and system updates.
Click here for details.
Backup data with Xiaomi Cloud and Google Sync.
Click here for details.

Rookie Bunny

6472228952 Author |

South of the Humber replied at 2021-07-08 16:36:00
I just checked on my phone, If you go into the gallery app and change the order it makes no difference how they are displayed when you attach a photo, They are displayed newest first. I think when you attach a file it uses file manager to select the file, Not the gallery app.

Thank you. All the security and system are up to date, and all my data is backed up on Google. I still need to set up the Xiaomi account.
I've been testing all the apps that allow me to upload images, most of them give me the option of selecting from 'Other' folders where I can see the folder I created in the gallery app and the images display in the correct order, with the newest at the top, Google Photos also shows there.
The problem is with the facebook and messager apps, where the file picker shows random folders and the images are in the wrong order!

Would you recommend downloading a different Gallery app to manage the photos?
2021-07-09 17:00:33
6472228952 replied at 2021-07-09 10:00:33
Thank you. All the security and system are up to date, and all my data is backed up on Google. I still need to set up the Xiaomi account.
I've been testing all the apps that allow me to upload images, most of them give me the option of selecting from 'Other' folders where I can see the folder I created in the gallery app and the images display in the correct order, with the newest at the top, Google Photos also shows there.
The problem is with the facebook and messager apps, where the file picker shows random folders and the images are in the wrong order!

Ah, ok, I see the issue. I doubt that FB will allow you to use another gallery app, TBH, as they tend to loathe any personalisation that isn't THEIR idea, so I assume they'd jsut default to the built in. I get your problem now, and looked on FB, there is a little ''source'' at the top (with a descending arrow), and it should, once clicked, allow you to select specific actual folders (so not organised in the gallery, but in real file folders. So you could always do it this way
2021-07-09 17:18:21