In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[News] Will never buy another Xiaomi Product

2021-06-18 00:05:16

561 16

Rookie Bunny

6457326436 Author | from app

Evermore
It's impossible to say "it will work/not work with Sky as that would require brands to know which specific router is being used, not to mention someone with the same service for 5 years will probably have a completely different router than someone that just joined in. Also, have you checked if you router has 2.4 but it's just disabled? quite common for many routers to operate dual

it was bought from Xaomi UK, they at least should know what major supplies it isn't compatible with. my point was it should be made clear and up front that it may not be compatible with some networks so at least we as consumers can do further research.
2021-06-18 00:48:21
Reply Report

Rookie Bunny

Torlyn
It's not incompatible with your network, it's just that you have not set up your router to have dual band, seriously, unless you've had it for years, it WILL be easy to do so

cheers, I may just try that on the weekend. thank you.
2021-06-18 01:48:40
Reply Report

Rookie Bunny

spaceprobe
It's nothing to do with your network provider you just need to set the router to 2.5 as others have said. 5 is stronger but 2.5 reaches further which is why most smart products from any brand with only work with 2.5.  I have a house full of smart kit and streaming devices and have never used 5 but only ever 2.5

Cheers for that, it is a bit to do with the provider, Sky are the only ones I am aware of that provide 5ghz routers. My initial point was with regard to Xiaomi not making it plainly and abundantly evident that the device may not work out of the box with all network providers systems. there are multitudes of people like myself who aren't tech savvy who have no concept of GHz or how to resolve these issues.
2021-06-18 16:28:25
Reply Report

Rookie Bunny

Kenny_P
Loads of items are 2.4Ghz as mentioned, I have some British General smart plugs and they only work on 2.4Ghz as do many smart bulbs. Sky ship all their routers with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz synchronised into one, that's sky's prerogative, but this should help you get your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies seperate https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Changing-5-ghz-to-2-4-ghz-on-the-sky-q-box/td-p/3189798

Thanks so much, greatly appreciated.
2021-06-19 00:11:28
Reply Report

Rookie Bunny

Update: Rather than messing with my Sky hub I bought a range extender that splits the WiFi channels. After much trial and error and gnashing of teeth I now have everything up an running. thank you all for your help.
2021-06-25 02:52:48
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2010-2021 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list