In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[Q&A] Contacts app. Missing option to hide contacts without a number

2021-06-18 00:00:34
502 10
Using Note 10 Pro.

The Contacts app lacks ability to hide contacts without a number. Every phone I've ever owned had this option. I now have many contacts which do not have a number. These contacts are needed in Contacts because they have email addresses rather than a number.

Please update MIUI to include this.  
2021-06-18 00:00:34
Favorites RateRate
So let me get this, you have contacts without a phone number, but with an email, and you want to retain them, but not show when looking through the dialler?
2021-06-18 00:43:18

Advanced Bunny

Faizal Jaffer Author | from app

Yes exactly. For example, I have a contact in Phone app called Bob. Since it didn't have a phone number, I deleted it. Now I have lost Bob's email address. Also when going to Gmail, Bob's email address no longer exists in my contact list. You can find this feature in many phones such as my previous phone LG G6, called Hide contacts with no number.
2021-06-18 00:47:55

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Faizal Jaffer
Yes exactly. For example, I have a contact in Phone app called Bob. Since it didn't have a phone number, I deleted it. Now I have lost Bob's email address. Also when going to Gmail, Bob's email address no longer exists in my contact list. You can find this feature in many phones such as my previous phone LG G6, called Hide contacts with no number.

TBH, I haven't got a clue as I never use my phone to call people, but I'll try and find out
2021-06-18 04:06:06

Advanced Bunny

To fix this issue, there should be an option to hide contacts that don't have a number, like most phone have.
2021-06-18 20:34:52
The option does not seem to be available in the Google Contacts app. I notice some other manufacturers do have their own contact apps where it is available.
2021-06-18 21:41:04
The UK community has now moved to a new platform. Click Here  If you are in the UK please visit Google Play Store and update the Community app.

Advanced Bunny

Yes it's not available. Xiaomi should include it in their People app.
2021-06-18 21:42:37

Mi Blogger

Kenny_P | from app

contacts (app) settings then hide incomplete numbers  
2021-06-18 21:44:51

Advanced Bunny

Kenny_P
contacts (app) settings then hide incomplete numbers

Maybe you have a different version of the app because I don't have this option in Contacts app
2021-06-18 21:46:23
Faizal Jaffer
Maybe you have a different version of the app because I don't have this option in Contacts app

Have you tried looking for a different contact app on Google Play Store and installing it on your phone?
2021-06-18 23:05:18
The UK community has now moved to a new platform. Click Here  If you are in the UK please visit Google Play Store and update the Community app.

Advanced Bunny

No I wanted to avoid having to install an app for this.
2021-06-18 23:08:03