In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 9/S/Pro

[Q&A] Update support question

2021-06-06 17:59:05
213 2
How many android upgrades does get Redmi Note series? I have seen that Redmi Note 8 series launched with android 9, got updated to 10 and now in china beta is android 11... In past when I had Redmi Note 4x it was only 1 upgrade. Did it change? Or it is just Note 8 series only?
2021-06-06 17:59:05
Favorites RateRate
I think they have changed SmartPhones from 2020 may now receive two Android updates. Unofficial"
2021-06-06 19:13:23
Nayeem
There are a lot factors in consideration. Usually, Xiaomi devices get upto 2 major updates and upto 3 MIUI updates. But it is subject to change. It depends on the userbase too. Now that there are multiple variants within one note series (S, Pro, Max), mostly the higher end ones will get longer support. Also, since all of Note 9 series came with Android 10, we can confirm Android 11. For now, Android 12 is a long shot. Let's see how the development goes on.

Cheers! :-)
2021-06-06 19:16:45
Super ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro/Max | Redmi 9 series | Redmi Note 11 series