In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[Q&A] update to 12.5 caused SD card issues, redmi note 9s

2021-06-04 02:28:30

487 7

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

be super careful, back the card up to the pc straight away. An SD that starts malfunctioning is immensely unlikely to get better, and trust me, you will kick yourself if it dies and you haven't saved the data
2021-06-04 04:12:14
Reply Report
1665381692 replied at 2021-06-06 21:22:45
SD card disconnects and I am unable to mount it without a format. SD stops working out of sudden. phone also starts to freeze.i have lost few memorable photos as I had storage set to SD nothing has saved.

It may be indeed the SD itself, these get chewed up by phone use (ie, so many micro disconnects as obviously it moves a tiny bit in the phone while being accessed on the go), and that really reduces life. Once again, I might be wrong, but you really should back it up while you can.
As for the update, I don't know about this specific one, but it's always a good move to remove the SD before you update a phone, just in case.
2021-06-07 14:28:36
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2010-2021 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list