In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Global Fans

[Discussion] Pakistan region is not eligible for Xiaomi devices?

2021-03-17 15:16:29
268 7
I have been noticing that Pakistan region is not eligible or somehow not actively working whereas when I switched to India, all of the functions just came back to normal.

Well - As a user in Pakistan, It is a biggest disgrace to our values that we cannot use our own country as default region due to some reasons by Xiaomi.

I am not going to switch it back to India whether the content works or not, Rather, I will choose to remain in Pakistan region.

Xiaomi needs to understand and allow Pakistan for usage or shutdown your phone's sale in Pakistan if you cannot give value to their market.

As a protest, we PAKISTANI users demand for value.
We will never switch to any other regions.

~~~~|~~~~~~|~~~~~|~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~
2021-03-17 15:16:29
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

As has been pointed out 100's of times ,certain content is region restricted to comply with legalities .
  Global regions are effected as well as Pakistan region .
  Personally I do not have a problem switching to Hong Kong to access material which may have copyright content problems in my region .
   Your thread which clearly shows your non acceptance of this understanding as well as your prejudices saddens me .
   However , I have to accept this is the world we live in and history runs deep .
2021-03-17 20:06:56

Advanced Bunny

MalikAtifKhan Author | from app

Sarge7
As has been pointed out 100's of times ,certain content is region restricted to comply with legalities .
  Personally I do not have a problem switching to Hong Kong to access material which may have copyright content problems in my region .

Question is, It shouldn't be affected.
2021-03-17 20:22:01

Wizard Bunny

myfedora | from Redmi 6

MalikAtifKhan
Question is, It shouldn't be affected.

What function? or apps?
2021-03-18 11:44:59

Wizard Bunny

myfedora | from Redmi 6

Sarge7

Can u use 5Ghz wifi at ur country?
2021-03-18 11:46:05

Advanced Bunny

MalikAtifKhan Author | from app

myfedora
Can u use 5Ghz wifi at ur country?

?
2021-03-18 12:40:04

Semi Pro Bunny

R3dDragon990 | from Mi A3

I have Mi A3 & I am using 5GHz Wifi in Pakistan
2021-03-18 16:12:55

Master Bunny

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=1681077025myfedora/url
Can u use 5Ghz wifi at ur country?/quote

Yes mate . A lot of coverage here . Rural areas are always going to suffer as Telecoms are reluctant to upgrade infrastructure without profitable return .
  You asked author what apps/function.
  The common gripe is Theme store and GetApps .
  Personally , if I was an Artist I would want to earn revenue for my copyright material .
  I cannot get GetApps ,which contain downloaders for ripping off copyright material in my country , so it's rightfully restricted .
   As you know , there is no content you cannot access with a small amount of effort .

2021-03-19 17:43:27