In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Y/S Series

[Q&A] SIP accounts not notifing incoming calls

2021-03-17 03:00:28
1124 6
Redmi S2 with MIUI 12.0.2
Two SIP accounts properly set, registering with respective sip servers and "Receiving calls".
No problem with making calls. I can make them and all works as expected.
But calls received do not ring and do not show any notification. If it happens, by chance, that I lit the screen, it rings and the screen to accept or reject the call appears. Otherwise it is the total silence. It seems the app is unabled to wake up the device if it is "sleeping" with the screen off.
I know the the call is received because it appears in call log as "not answered" and "as ring n times", but it desn't ring at all. I have lost lots of calls because as this behaviour. On the other hand, calls received by mobile network (SIM accounts) work well, as expected.

What can I do? What SIP call settings am I missing? Is this a bug without a solution?
Please help. Any tips are  wellcome.

2021-03-17 03:00:28
Favorites RateRate
Nobody??? More than 100 miuiers have read this and no one can give a solution, a sugestion, something?

Come-on, guies, I know you can do better than this . Please say something. Thank you.
2021-04-06 00:48:51
Dear Mi Fan,
   Please share screenshots of SIP Settings, so that we can understand your problem properly & rectify it.
2021-04-28 19:20:58
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
Prince26712 replied at 2021-04-28 12:20:58
Dear Mi Fan,
   Please share screenshots of SIP Settings, so that we can understand your problem properly & rectify it.

I don't know what kind of usefull info the screenshot can give but here it is, anyway. It is in portuguese from Portugal (pt-PT) because it is my native language, but I think you can easily understand it by fields position.
I resume the problem:
- mobile network calls (SIM card accounts) are received and notified normaly with ringtone and screen-on all the times;
- internet calls (SIP accounts) are received (they are registered in call log) but
--- if the screen is on, they are notified normaly just like the others
--- if the screen is off they are not notified, no ringtone and no screen-on.

Somewhere in the "circuit" there is one or more processes sleeping deeply and do not wake-up the phone.
On the other hand, outgoing calls work perfectelly well with any call account (SIM and/or SIP).

I would appreciate and be gratefull for a solution. This beahavior is unceptable, I miss lots of internet calls.
Thank you for your efforts.

2021-04-30 01:25:24
Dear moderator  Prince26712

Five months later, still nothing?

2021-08-10 03:04:24
Dear Mi:

Please answer here because I have a new Mi 10 Pro with Miui 12.5.

This is very annoying!
2021-08-16 20:07:21

Rookie Bunny

GdvE | from app

Until now nothing, shall we rooted are phone to check?
2021-08-20 16:10:45