In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3/Mi MIX 3 5G

[Discussion] Mi Mix 3 / MIUI 12 lagging while downloading something

2021-03-12 23:39:47
378 3
Since the update of MIUI 12, my phone's started acting strange. Not only it heats up badly while downloading something, but also it starts lagging and nothing works properly.
This mainly happens when I'm working with Telegram, trying to load my chat data, and Google Play randomly starts downloading and installing updates of other apps.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing...
Could there be a restriction of some sort in the new update that stops the phone from doing more than one task on the storage?
2021-03-12 23:39:47
Favorites RateRate
can you provide us with exact MIUI umber your on.
if you need to you can disable auto updates by going to Google play store, profile in top right, Settings, General, Auto-Update Apps
2021-03-13 04:18:12
HelloPiotr

Rookie Bunny

TheNegin Author | from app

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&uid=1650637187Welcomes Terrace Sin/url
can you provide us with exact MIUI umber your on.
if you need to you can disable auto updates by going to Google play store, profile in top right, Settings, General, Auto-Update Apps/quote

I'm currently on MIUI Global 12.0.1, totally skipped the recent update thinking it might make everything worse.
This doesn't happen only when Google is updating my apps, as I said, it happens whenever I'm downloading something, so disabling auto-updates won't necessarily solve the problem...
2021-03-14 10:28:11
TheNegin replied at 2021-03-14 02:28:11
I'm currently on MIUI Global 12.0.1, totally skipped the recent update thinking it might make everything worse.
This doesn't happen only when Google is updating my apps, as I said, it happens whenever I'm downloading something, so disabling auto-updates won't necessarily solve the problem...

Some phone do need a factory reset after an update, as sometimes they don't get rid of some conflicting packages otherwise (it should be a normal step for all large updates, but obviously, as users get away with not doing what is after all a pain, they just got used to updating and using). It might help if you backup all your data, photos, etc, and do so.
2021-03-14 15:52:15