In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[Q&A] Permissions - phone calls

2021-02-17 00:17:55
147 4
Just done a clear cache for the community app and tried to sign back in and asked to allow permission to access phone calls and make calls?
2021-02-17 00:17:55
Favorites RateRate
It won't make calls, or access them, but sadly permissions (in android 10 and below, at least) are a bit monolithic. Basically it uses these to verify your phone number when you log in, if you have it linked to your account, nothing more nefarious than that
2021-02-17 00:34:56

Pro Bunny

RandomTask Author | from app

I've accepted anyways as otherwise can't log in but "make calls" just stood out so thought I'd check, lol but yeah, what you said makes sense
2021-02-17 00:38:17

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

RandomTask
I've accepted anyways as otherwise can't log in but "make calls" just stood out so thought I'd check, lol but yeah, what you said makes sense

Yeah, big project at Google to make these permissions more precise and descriptive, instead of the blunt instrument they are
2021-02-17 03:40:39

Pro Bunny

RandomTask Author | from app

Torlyn
Yeah, big project at Google to make these permissions more precise and descriptive, instead of the blunt instrument they are

community app seems to run soo much better after clearing *touch wood*
2021-02-18 00:38:54