In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO X3 NFC

[Other] Call and Screen Recorder weird bug (Screen Recorder doesn't pick up sound while in calls)

2021-02-15 14:47:43
1385 6
So i have Poco x3 running on MIUI 12.0.7 (these bugs also appeared on the past updates 12.0.3). I noticed this bug everytime because it appears really obvious (literally). These bugs only appear while you are in calls, even if its a normal phone call, call from messenger app, discord or even in game mic or in game communication, it happens.

No Notification during calls - i noticed that whenever im in a call (it doesn't matter if its a normal phone call, messenger, discord or ingame) I don't receive any notification. At all. No pop ups, No sound, No vibrations, Nothing. Yes i can see it in the notification bar but it doesn't appear like a normal notification that will show its small banner on the top and vibrates. Of course i tried to fix this and double check EVERYTHING. My notifs are okay, its on and loud, vibrate is on etc. All notifs appeared, and everything works fine. When i tried calling one of my friends through messenger. There it is again, no notifs. No notification shades, No sound nor vibrations. This only happen in calls.

Can't record Audio while in a call - I noticed this when i was playing games with my friends, we were playing COD mobile that time and we are talking via ingame mic. My game has an audio, i can hear them, they can hear me, basically it's working great. Then i decided to screen record for the memories. After 20 mins of playing, i went back to check my footage and there's no audio. No ingame sound, No Voices. So i just told to my self that its on the settings. So i tried switching between the 2 options, getting the audio from system or with mic. Guess what? both of them have no audio during calls. I tried playing with my friends again, now we are using discord as our main voice comms and like usual, i recorded a 20 minute footage with my screen recorder. I checked and there's none, no audio at all. I tried playing with myself, no calls, there's a sound, no problems. Also i can see notif shades while im playing. I tried it with other stuffs as well, so me and my friends did a small video call and i tried screen recording it, curious because maybe the game is the problem. But there's still no audio.

So i jumped into conclusion that; these bugs appears to happen when you are in a call. No notifs while in call, No Audio while screen recording during calls.

I won't waste my time typing this is this isn't a big deal. So please help me fix or tell Xiao Mi to do something about it.
2021-02-15 14:47:43
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

douko Author |

I found more problems. Like when you start recording with your camera while in a call (Doesn't matter if its discord, messenger or just a call with your sim), the audio starts to sound glitchy. This isn't a problem with my other xiao mi phones. I have Redmi note 7 that can screen record with no problems. I can screen record in a call, it picks up audio with no problem. But MIUI 12 on POCO X3 NFC seems broken. I sent this problem with Service feed back on my phone but i doubt that Xiao Mi check on them. They don't seem responsive and i can't contact them directly.
2021-02-15 18:01:08
Thanks for sharing your feedback, We will forward the issue to the developer team. Hope to get it optimized in near future updates.

In the mean while please run a bug check when you face this issue and share the ID over here.
2021-02-16 13:25:28

Rookie Bunny

6252698637 | from mobile

Sujayb
Thanks for sharing your feedback, We will forward the issue to the developer team. Hope to get it optimized in near future updates.

In the mean while please run a bug check when you face this issue and share the ID over here.

I have the same issue whenever I am in a call whether is WhatsApp video call, mrcosoft team, or Google meet call there will be no sound from the playback. Where sound playback it's fine for other screen recorder such as playing from YouTube or facebook
2021-06-13 14:16:21

Advanced Bunny

nanozone | from app

I have same issue too
2021-07-07 10:52:40

Rookie Bunny

6489052335 | from app

i have the same issue to. my device is xiaomi redmi note 10 pro. when i do screen recording during video call, it only captures my voice alone. the voice of the person i called is not recorded. pls fix this
2021-09-24 20:07:00
6252698637 replied at 2021-06-13 08:16:21
I have the same issue whenever I am in a call whether is WhatsApp video call, mrcosoft team, or Google meet call there will be no sound from the playback. Where sound playback it's fine for other screen recorder such as playing from YouTube or facebook

Hello,
same problem here with Redmi Note 8, after upgrading to MIUI 12 when I record a Microsoft Teams meeting I get video but not audio.
2021-11-10 19:37:26