In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Review] Unboxing and Review of Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S - The Earbuds You Shouldn't Miss!

2021-02-15 14:14:41
15884 131

Hello Mi Fans,

There are countless reasons why I love wireless earbuds. One of them being freedom! With no wires running between the earbuds and my phone, they don't restrict my movement one bit. Whether on my daily commute or at the gym, these true wireless earbuds can be my convenient companion everywhere. Today we'll be talking about a brand new pair of earbuds by Xiaomi- Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S. If you're looking to buy wireless earbuds on a budget then the Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S can be the best option for you. With easy pairing, In-ear detection, multifunctional one key touch, and impressive sound quality these earbuds are very appealing!

Check out the video for unboxing and a quick review

Box Contents:
The white and maroon box looks simple and basic. On both sides, we get to see the features listed in English and other languages. On the backside, you could find all other information like battery capacity, connectivity, and more. Inside the box, we have the charging case which also has the earbuds inside. There are user manual and warranty notice along with ear caps of 2 different sizes. You can try them out and use the one which fits you best. For me, the default one (M) worked perfectly.

• Design:

Charging Case:
Let's talk about the charging case first. The Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S comes in a small and good-looking case. The case has a matte finish on the exterior with the Mi logo embossed on the top. I love the black color as it possesses a lesser chance to get dirty easily. The built quality is very good and it feels quite premium in hand. We have a type-C charging port and LED indicator on the box. The LED turns red while charging and turns white when fully charged. Another thing that I found very useful about the case is that the LED light of the box starts flashing when the battery is less than 20% as a reminder.

Earbuds:

Inside the case, we have the earbuds which feel absolutely lightweight and compact and these are very comfortable to use even for a long time. It has a matte appearance like the case. Only the back, where the multifunctional touch button is located, now has a glossy touch surface. The earcaps come in three different sizes. The default size fits me perfectly and the earphones sit comfortably in my ears without feeling like they would fall out. Even that fits for my mother as well. She has been using the earbuds more than me and never complained about any kind of discomfort at all. They are so lightweight that you won't feel anything other than music.

Both the earbuds have LED lights which lets you know the charging and pairing status. You just need to place the earbuds inside the case and there you can see it's charging. The earbuds are magnetically attached so they are secured at their place. And there is no such thing to worry that they will fall. They won't. And the lid of the case shuts tight as well.

Features:
The earbuds are powered by Bluetooth 5. 0 which offers a faster and stable connection. It has smart in-ear detection. So when you remove one earphone, the built-in sensor will automatically pause the music for you. Single ear mode gives you the liberty to switch between the single ear and binaural mode seamlessly. We also get the gaming mode which reduces sound delay effectively. There are Multifunctional one key touch and with the charging case, the earbuds can last up to about 20 hours.

Pairing:
Pairing the earbuds with a Xiaomi phone is now extremely easy. Once you enable the Bluetooth of your Xiaomi phone and open the lid of the charging case, there comes a pop-up asking you to connect. Following the on-screen instructions and it will just connect within less than 10 seconds. Also after connecting you'll see the battery life for each of the earbuds and also the charging case itself. Once the earbuds have been paired for the first time, they will automatically reconnect to the last paired device. So the entire pairing and connecting process are absolutely hassle-free.

One of my favorite aspects of these earbuds is the touch control. Both the earbuds have the multifunctional one key touch which allows you to carry out different operations like answering or hanging up the call, play or pause music, and more. Double touch the multifunction button will activate the voice button whereas a three-time touch would turn on the Game mode. Once you enable game mode, it effectively reduces sound delay thus making the sound-image synchronization better and improved. I have tested the game mode with various games on my Mi 10 Pro. Each of the time when needed, I found a massive drop in latency. (especially while playing Call of Duty). I wouldn't mind using these earbuds for gaming at all.

Sound:
For any of the earbuds, sound quality matters the most. After all, that's what they are made for. To provide you a better sound. And Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S does its job perfectly here. Overall I found the sound crisp and clear. there were no distortions at all even at high volume. Digital noise reduction is also present when listening to music or making calls. The mic quality can not be said best but it's really good and I personally never felt any issue while making calls.

Battery:

Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S has got a USB C port for charging. Personally, I prefer this Type C charging port over MicroUSB as I don't have to carry a separate cable just to charge these earbuds. The earbuds themselves have a battery with a capacity of 46 mAh.  Once fully charged, these earbuds can be used for about 4 hours. And With a 600mAh charging case, these earbuds can last up to about 20hours. During my testing, I got around 3.5 hours of playback time at 80% volume, which is impressive!

My Verdict:
Overall I found Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2S is absolutely value for money. The design is perfect, the lightweight makes it comfortable for long time usage. There was no connectivity issue at all and the sound quality is very impressive. The battery life is also good. Depending upon your usage, you might get by with 3.5 hours, making it suitable for listening to your favorite songs on the go. But what I liked most about these earbuds are the Gaming mode and In-ear detection which pauses the playback when you take off the earbuds and accordingly also starts again when you put them on. I will definitely recommend it if you wanna get all the fundamentals of wireless earbuds at fraction of the cost.

So that's all for now! let us know if you like these earbuds and also if you're using any of the Mi true wireless earbuds already tell us the name and what you like about them in the comment.

Share Your Thoughts!

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +35 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2021-02-15 14:14:41
Favorites46 RateRate

Mi Rédacteur

Mi-FE | from app

thanks for sharing
2021-02-15 14:18:11

Master Bunny

Engr. farukh | from app

Good
2021-02-15 14:28:59

Master Bunny

Engr. farukh | from app

Good
2021-02-15 14:29:13

Master Bunny

ganesha poerba | from Redmi Note 7

thanks for sharing...i use Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2.
2021-02-15 14:42:15
Perfect Review!

Nicely done via Video Review!
2021-02-15 14:42:25

Pro Bunny

Allan 6324118296 | from Redmi Note 8

Thanks
2021-02-15 15:11:44

Master Bunny

Fatih Yusuf | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

Thanks for sharing
2021-02-15 15:15:49

News Reporter

Subrata Maity | from Redmi 3S

Thanks for sharing with us.
2021-02-15 15:19:25
Awesome Review!
2021-02-15 15:19:46
From the channel, it seems your first video unboxing. Very impressive.
Am I right? :D
2021-02-15 15:21:59