In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Other] Mi messages, gives me notice to use Google messages?

2021-02-12 18:45:19
631 6
So when I open Mi Messages, I get a notice that Xiaomi recommends the use of Google Messages.

Is this just me getting this? and why?
Am I supposed to use Google messages or what's the deal?
Picture as it seems not to get attached... http://prntscr.com/z7gxbz

2021-02-12 18:45:19
Favorites RateRate
This message is now popping up to many Global users, especially those from EU. This is perhaps due to the new regulations seen in Global and EU ROMs, where MIUI apps are being replaced by Google apps. For now, POCO F1 still uses stock apps, but it maybe changed in the future. Perhaps it's only for EU region, and hence the message pop-up. You can continue to use Mi Messages for now - just cancel the pop-up.

Cheers! :-)
2021-02-13 08:41:53
Super ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro/Max | Redmi 9 series | Redmi Note 11 series
happybuddhist replied at 2021-02-13 01:41:53
This message is now popping up to many Global users, especially those from EU. This is perhaps due to the new regulations seen in Global and EU ROMs, where MIUI apps are being replaced by Google apps. For now, POCO F1 still uses stock apps, but it maybe changed in the future. Perhaps it's only for EU region, and hence the message pop-up. You can continue to use Mi Messages for now - just cancel the pop-up.

Cheers! :-)

Ok thanks so it is nothing we have to do :)
2021-02-16 17:02:18
The guy with no user name...
There is a bit on inconsistency in this regard. I installed Google messages as suggested to later discover that the Security app of MIUI says there is a problem because a default app has been changed. So it suggests this course of action and then says something is wrong.
2021-02-19 17:45:22
RenoirLV replied at 2021-02-19 10:45:22
There is a bit on inconsistency in this regard. I installed Google messages as suggested to later discover that the Security app of MIUI says there is a problem because a default app has been changed. So it suggests this course of action and then says something is wrong.

to use Mi app or Google?

Any which app is better in your eyes?
2021-02-19 20:54:40
Can the google app back up messages like the mi app in xiaomi cloud? I don't think so.
2021-02-19 23:22:51
VANTWP replied at 2021-02-19 16:22:51
Can the google app back up messages like the mi app in xiaomi cloud? I don't think so.

Me i dont know... but i dont backup to mi cloud anyways..
2021-03-08 22:09:53