In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[News] Introducing Global MIUI 12.5: Faster, Smoother, Lighter! (Host Thread)

2021-02-09 17:47:42
4621 42

Hello Mi Fans,

Along with it's latest flagship Mi 11, Premium QLED TV and Mi Electric Scooter Pro 2 special edition, Xiaomi also unveiled the latest MIUI 12.5 today which is an intermediate update based on MIUI 12 with a strong focus on system optimizations. After a complete revamp of the system UI, its CPU usage was reduced by up to 22% while power consumption – by up to 15%, ensuring frictionless performance and graphics.

• System Optimisations - Lighter. Faster. Smoother  

This is most visible in screen gestures that will now be smoother than ever. In previous systems, gestures and other tasks were rendered on a single thread resulting in a queue of tasks competing for CPU usage. Naturally, under this scenario an overload of tasks could cause lags. However, in MIUI 12.5, gestures received a dedicated thread, making sure that no other tasks will interfere with them, and guaranteeing instant response. A lighter and faster operating system! Less CPU usage, less power consumption. MIUI 12.5 brings an improved battery life to your phone!

Another highlight of MIUI 12.5 is uninstallable system apps. The vast majority of apps in the new system can be uninstalled, while a small number of apps that are engraved in the system core can be hidden.

Super Wallpapers: Break the Boundaries of Space

MIUI 12.5 offers super wallpapers to break through the boundaries of space and touch imagination at your fingertips. From the screen display, to the lock screen, to the mobile desktop, every screen changes into an imagined space. Here Technology meets superb aesthetic. Powered by a new generation of technology, an improved 3D real-time rendering will deliver a new way to experience nature.

• Notes App: A hub for all your inspirations and ideas - You Write. We Present.

Take notes like a pro. Whenever ideas come to you. Structure and organize your ideas on the phone. Create. Manage. Move ideas around. Create a mind map with one tap. With four different drawing tools, recreate real strokes. It's also optimized for easy control. Generate shapes and connect lines automatically. You can record a thought before it's gone with a quick access for note-taking.

***The first batch of compatible devices to be upgraded to MIUI 12.5 includes Mi 11, Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10T, and Mi 10T Pro. ⁣ ⁣
⁣***The second batch of compatible devices to be upgraded to MIUI 12.5 includes Mi 10T Lite, Mi 10 Lite, Mi Note 10, Mi Note 10 Pro, Mi Note 10 Lite, Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 9S, Redmi Note 8 Pro, POCO F2 Pro, POCO X3 NFC, Redmi 9, Redmi Note 9T.
⁣⁣***The remaining devices will be upgraded later. Please stay tuned to MIUI official announcement.

⁣***The list of MIUI 12.5 compatible devices is subject to change.
***You can check the schedule here  https://c.mi.com/thread-3580448-1-0.html

Faster. Smoother. Lighter

Thanks to Crossfire Super Mod over on Global for this thread.

Please Comment, Like or Favorite...
GunplaMad

Get Ready for Launch

2021-02-09 17:47:42
Favorites29 RateRate
Thanks for the information, I am looking forward to getting the update on my phone, Should make a big difference.
2021-02-09 18:39:28
The UK community has now moved to a new platform. Click Here  If you are in the UK please visit Google Play Store and update the Community app.

Mi Influencer

GunplaMad Author | from app

South of the Humber
Thanks for the information, I am looking forward to getting the update on my phone, Should make a big difference.

No worries! Thought it was important to share asap because of so many questions around it.
2021-02-09 18:44:43

Mi Rédacteur

arawak8 | from app

Thanks for sharing
2021-02-09 19:36:06

Master Bunny

'PG'.., | from app

Thanks for sharing.<br>
Looking forward to getting the update on my phone. &#129331;&#128077;
2021-02-09 21:46:47

Master Bunny

sastraMR | from Redmi Note 9 Pro

thanks you for sharing..
2021-02-09 22:01:53

Semi Pro Bunny

shingpkp | from app

GunplaMad
No worries! Thought it was important to share asap because of so many questions around it.

nice one. and those who have devices not on the list will only be screaming and shouting when their release will be.
2021-02-09 22:12:09

Rookie Bunny

6358061512 | from app

my phone is only 6 months old but I'm having a great problems with how slow the processing is. camera is opening forever, video and audio is not syncing etc.... can't wait for the update I don't want to give up on Xiaomi
2021-02-09 22:13:03

Advanced Bunny

Nethruwan | from app

thanks for sharing
2021-02-09 22:14:36

Rookie Bunny

Hyde-mi | from app

Oh yes!! looks great and can't wait. Go on Xiaomi...
2021-02-09 22:15:28

Banned

SignedAdam | from app

I hope this update is coming soon for the mi 10T lite 5g- this device has touch issue that I have explained else where and a few poor 4g signal moments.. I wish to see these things fixed &amp;#128077;
2021-02-09 22:18:49