In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Discussion] [Debate] Physical/Paper Books vs Ebooks: Which is Better and Which Should be Read?

2021-01-25 17:21:01
7317 40
Hello Mi Fans,

Usually, the discussion around physical books and ebooks is based on which one is better than the other. And therefore, which one you should commit to going forward. However, there are numerous benefits to using both formats to get the most out of your reading experience.

So, here's the case for physical books, the case for ebooks, and the reasons why you should be using both.

Physical/Paper Books
  • Can Provide a More Immersive and Engaging Experience: Physical books are well... physical. No prizes for guessing that but what this means is that they have the ability to give you a more immersive experience through the use of engaging multiple senses.
  • Come In All Shapes and Sizes: A wonderful benefit to physical books is just how much variety there can be in how they're presented. From paperbacks to hardcovers, leatherbound and clothbound books, unique illustrations to picturesque children's editions, the list is expansive.
  • Provide a Disconnect From the Digital World: In this sense, physical books provide a wonderful disconnect from the digital world, keeping you in the moment, free of distractions. Whether at work or leisure, if you find yourself with screen fatigue, constantly distracted by your phone, tablet, or computer, picking up and reading a physical book can be wonderfully refreshing.

Ebooks
  • Give You Instant Access to Millions of Books: An incredible benefit to reading ebooks is just how available they are. For example, the largest ebook store right now, Amazon's Kindle Store, gives you access to millions of ebooks which you can read instantly after purchasing. No travelling to a book store or waiting for a delivery to arrive.
  • Can Be Read Anywhere, Anytime: Ereaders are designed to be read anytime, anywhere. They're incredibly portable, perfect for taking on your travels and for both short and long commutes. Their storage allows you to take thousands of books with you wherever you go.
  • Are More Cost-Effective in the Long Run: The upfront cost of getting an ereader can seem a bit daunting. However, the reduced price of ebooks compared to new paperbacks and hardcovers and the numerous sales and discounts make this a worthwhile investment as time goes on. If you're eager to try out lots of new books, purchasing them as ebooks will be more cost-effective.

Conclusion:
Physical books and ebooks both have their own unique strengths and weaknesses. But instead of picking one over the other, they should be seen as complementary to each other. One's weaknesses are often the other's strengths and vice versa. There's pressure to choose just one format, but if you enjoy reading, there's no reason not to read a combination of the two.

So which one will you prefer? Select your side and reply in the commnet box below and let us know your views.
End Time: 2021-02-16 02:29:00
VS
For 48
Physical/Paper Books are Better
Against 13
EBooks are Better
2021-01-25 17:21:01
Favorites5 RateRate
I'm an old school person, so real book are preferred for me
2021-01-25 17:30:38
I love my little library in my house and it is a better experience than reading an e-book.
2021-01-25 18:15:01

Resource Team

Fatih Yusuf | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

It's so harmful to read from screen. So I think Paper books are safer and better.
2021-01-25 18:25:22

Advanced Bunny

Padre Pio | from Mi Note 10 Lite

eBooks are better<br>
2021-01-25 18:57:13
Physical /paper Books ar better
2021-01-25 19:12:33
Prodip Kumar Biswas
Newswire Team
Xiaomi Community Bangladesh

Semi Pro Bunny

Sharyzard | from Redmi 6

Physical books are better
2021-01-25 19:31:56

Pro Bunny

Gokhan Redmi note 8 pro | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

i cant be accustomed to reading ebook i dont know why i search informations and reads in internet because of my works but i cant read long papers on pc. i like traditional books with paper maybe foldable phones or tablets which looks like book can change my decision
2021-01-25 19:46:52

Semi Pro Bunny

Serraf | from Redmi Note 8

ebook better
2021-01-25 20:15:51

Grand Master Bunny

Peter666 | from Redmi 5A

Physical books are better and healthy for our  eyes!
2021-01-25 20:32:15
ηємєѕιѕ

Advanced Bunny

JntnR | from app

I used to collect and read  books ..loved their covers and all but all of the sudden I was filling libraries and libraries at home and it hit me that probably later when I died most of those books will look yellow and damaged and most won't appeal no one else at my family that at that point haven't been read so I was creating a situation where when I leave this world my family will have to deal with that pile of paper.<br>
so I decided go digital. I still buy a couple of physical books for their looks but not as I used to do before
2021-01-25 21:38:01