In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F2 Pro

[Q&A] No sound of the incoming SMS.

2020-12-30 11:05:42
356 6
I am receiving incoming SMS in "Super Energy Saving" mode.

But there is no sound of the incoming message.
Question: is it normal, in a smartphone for 500 €?

2020-12-30 11:05:42
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

Zebster | from app

Do you have sounds when your not in battery saver mode? If yes, then check your app settings to see what restrictions are applicable in battery saver mode. Mine does not give me any push notifications when activated.
2020-12-31 00:28:43
Zebster replied at 2020-12-30 16:28:43
Do you have sounds when your not in battery saver mode? If yes, then check your app settings to see what restrictions are applicable in battery saver mode. Mine does not give me any push notifications when activated.

Greetings! Thank you for your answer! I read your reply and checked it out now. I found this setting and took a screenshot of my smartphone screen with this setting. It looks like I have the same setup as you. Most likely, it is the default one, because I have not changed anything.

What should I do in this situation?
  I want to receive SMS notifications, but I also want to keep the energy consumption in standby mode of my smartphone at no more than 10% per day, in Economy mode.
2021-01-01 04:48:57
Zebster replied at 2020-12-30 16:28:43

I put Poco F2 Pro into "Energy-Saving Mode" (normal, not Super).
In this mode, SMS is sent to the smartphone, and I receive a sound notification about it. Also, if you click your finger on the display, it displays a notification about incoming SMS in this mode. Apparently, this is how it works, that is, it is normal for XIAOMI.
It's not very easy for me, I still can't get out of the intuitive simplicity of the Operating system on my former smartphone, the Motorola E5 Plus. It consumed very little energy per day, but everything worked "out of the box".
I set it up after buying it for only 10 minutes, and then never did it at all.
There was no need.
2021-01-01 05:38:03

Advanced Bunny

Zebster | from app

The only thing I see, I would try the no restriction option and check how much the"messages" app drains energy. That would be the only app without restriction.
2021-01-01 10:12:18
Zebster replied at 2021-01-01 02:12:18
The only thing I see, I would try the no restriction option and check how much the"messages" app drains energy. That would be the only app without restriction.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will try.
2021-03-31 23:16:32
I inform about the news. The smartphone began to emit the sound of incoming SMS. I don't know what happened. I did not change any settings in it. I guess there was some little fix, and I downloaded it, and it installed itself.

At this point, the problem is most likely resolved.
2021-04-22 01:09:26