In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Other] Can't watch videos in 2 apps in parallel

2020-12-27 17:51:27
4421 13
I can't watch or listen to videos (or live streams) in 2 apps in parallel (at the same time), when the 2 apps are in split screen mode or when the first app is in PIP (picture in picture or small window) mode over the second app.
When you click play on the video of one of the apps, the other app stops playing its video, instead of playing both at the same time, like in a windows desktop.

For example: watching a live stream in Facebook in split screen mode with a video in the Chrome (or Firefox) browser.

If this is done to save battery, this is wrong. I want to watch videos i  parallel and I have enough battery for hours.

I tried disabling many power settings, but I couldn't fix it.

is there any setting that can solve it?
If not, please fix this bug.

Is it a problem specific to MIUI, or happens also in stock android?

My device: Poco F1, with latest updates (MIUI 12, android 10)

Do you see this bug also in other devices?
2020-12-27 17:51:27
Favorites RateRate
I don't see why this is a 'bug'. How would you hear the audio from 2 videos at the same time? I don't think any Android based ROM supports that (edify me if I'm ignorant). It's counterintuitive, IMHO.
2020-12-30 08:32:22
Super ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro/Max | Redmi 9 series | Redmi Note 11 series

Advanced Bunny

6234026833 Author | from app

happybuddhist
I don't see why this is a 'bug'. How would you hear the audio from 2 videos at the same time? I don't think any Android based ROM supports that (edify me if I'm ignorant). It's counterintuitive, IMHO.

it is not counterintuitive.<br>
Just like in the Windows operating system, both videos should play, and the sound of them should be mixed together. If this is disturbing, I can lower or silence the sound from one of the videos, that has lower priority for me.<br>
For example, when I want to watch 2 news channels in parallel, I can make one of them in lower volume, but still see what is happening and hear a big part of what is being said on multiple channels.<br>
I also should be able to control the volume for each video or sound source, unlike the current situation when you have a global volume control for all media.<br>
A correction:I made a mistake in the opening message when I said that you can't play 2 videos in parallel, but i found I was a little wrong because you can play 2 videos in parallel, but only if one of the videos has volume and the other must is silenced, or both of them are silenced.
I found that Samsung has an application named SoundAssistant, that allows you to watch 2 videos with sound in parallel, without stopping them, and it also allows you to change the  volume per application.<br>
But this app isn't available or doesn't work on my non-Samsung device.<br>
I also found out that Xiaomi added a similar Sound Assistant feature in the recent MIUI 12.0.3 release, but only for some devices, and I didn't see it in my Poco F1 when I upgraded to MIUI 12.0.3 global stable ROM.
1. Why the Sound Assistant feature wasn't included in MIUI 12.0.3 for Poco F1, and will it be available, and when?
2. Is there any application or setting for that fixes this for Xiaomi phones, like SoundAssistant for Samsung devices?<br>
2021-02-08 00:48:35

Advanced Bunny

happybuddhist

I don't know why in my previous comment the word "false" precedes the citation of your comment. It wasn't added by me.
2021-02-08 01:07:39

Advanced Bunny

it is not counterintuitive.&lt;br&gt;
Just like in the Windows operating system, both videos should play, and the sound of them should be mixed together. If this is disturbing, I can lower or silence the sound from one of the videos, that has lower priority for me.&lt;br&gt;
For example, when I want to watch 2 news channels in parallel, I can make one of them in lower volume, but still see what is happening and hear a big part of what is being said on multiple channels.&lt;br&gt;

I am waiting fpr a response/reply to my comment above.
2021-02-11 14:00:29

Semi Pro Bunny

Jusoko | from app

it is not counterintuitive.&lt;br&gt;
Just like in the Windows operating system, both videos should play, and the sound of them should be mixed together. If this is disturbing, I can lower or silence the sound from one of the videos, that has lower priority for me.&lt;br&gt;
For example, when I want to watch 2 news channels in parallel, I can make one of them in lower volume, but still see what is happening and hear a big part of what is being said on multiple channels.&lt;br&gt;

in some apps there is an option to allow multiple audio streams but most of the apps just pause the last app
2021-02-15 01:35:11

Advanced Bunny

Jusoko
in some apps there is an option to allow multiple audio streams but most of the apps just pause the last app

Can you give any link/reference to this?<br>
Can you give examples of well known apps that allow it? <br>
Do browsers allow it, and which web browsers allow it? Chrome,Firefox?<br>
It seems strange. Why does it depend on the app to allow it, and not on the OS?<br>
Why isn't it like that by default of Android, (or MIUI) to make apps  run in parallel with sound, mixing the sound of multiple apps?<br>
It shouldn't depend on the app.<br>
And even if the they decided to silence the sound of the other apps, stopping thr video is wrong. it should continue to play without sound, in parallel, because I want to continue watching what happens on multiple live stteams, even if some of them are silenced.<br>
2021-02-15 17:38:17

Advanced Bunny

happybuddhist

Why was the thread moved to Poco F1 forum?<br>
Please move it back to a more general forum.<br>
As you said that this problem is not specific to Poco F1, and it happens in all or most Android ROMs.<br>
I explained in earlier comments, why this is a problem that should be fixed or solved, but didn't get any helpful replies how to overcome this limitation.<br>
2021-02-17 11:43:39

Semi Pro Bunny

Jusoko | from app

quoteurl=home.php?mod=space&amp;uid=62340268336234026833/url
Can you give any link/reference to this?&amp;lt;br&amp;gt;
Can you give examples of well known apps that allow it? &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;
Do browsers allow it, and which web browsers allow it? Chrome,Firefox?&amp;lt;br&amp;gt;/quote

who would want to hear two sounds coming at the same time? It's just how it was made to be. I just think some apps allow to ignore system request to switch audio focus. Some Chinese apps support this option
2021-02-18 03:26:33

Advanced Bunny

Jusoko
who would want to hear two sounds coming at the same time? It's just how it was made to be. I just think some apps allow to ignore system request to switch audio focus. Some Chinese apps support this option

I already answered your question in comment #2. <br>
Did you read it?<br>
2021-02-25 19:29:34

Advanced Bunny

reposting comment #7 , since It was ignored by the forum managers:<br>
Why was the thread moved to Poco F1 forum?<br>
Please move it back to a more general forum.<br>
As you said that this problem is not specific to Poco F1, and it happens in all or most Android ROMs.<br>
I explained in earlier comments, why this is a problem that should be fixed or solved, but didn't get any helpful replies how to overcome this limitation.
2021-04-25 12:59:51