In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Q&A] Some Queries And Talks With My Fav Moderator

2020-12-23 00:47:32
295 1
Well, Hello Sir @happybuddhist My Fav And The Best Moderator On Mi Community, Hope You Are Doing Well.

I Am Back Again With A Few Set Of Queries, So Can You Please Help Me Out With Them:

1. The Entire Xiaomi Catelog Of Devices Got Updates Including Mi 8 & Mi Mix 3 (These Share Same Specs & Hardware To POCO F1), But POCO F1 Is Still Stuck On September Patch, Why The Delay ?

2. Where's Our Update ?

3. MIUI 12.5 ?

Now Some Major Questions:

1.What's The Status Of POCO Launcher Update ?
"MiBatman Sir, On POCO F1 Official Telegram Group Told Us "1st all the devices running on A11 will get poco launcher followed by A10 devices"

With Reference To This I Guess  POCO F1 Will Get It Around Q2 Of 2021.

2: Since The Android 10 Update We Got Almost An Year Back, You Have Always Been Saying : "POCO F1 have received the 2 promised major Android updates already, so anything more will be a bonus. But considering the active development for this device, there could be a chance, but we'll have to wait for a confirmation."

What Made You Think That (Don't Take My Intentions In A Wrong Way), Being A Mi Fan And A Xiaomi Phone User For More Than 5 Years, With Past Experience I Think There's Hardy Any Hope For That.
But Considering POCO F1 The Only Device Being Left With A10 And Rest All Devices Getting A11 I Think There's 1% Of Chance Left.

3. A Lot Of Prime Video Users Including Me Has Noticed That Widevine L1 Is Although Present, But Not Working. So What's The Actual Reason For It To Stop Working ? Is That A Bug Or Any Other Reason.

Thanks.
That's All !!

Stay Safe And Take Care

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2020-12-23 00:47:32
Favorites RateRate
1. A new update with newer security patch will be released soon.
2. Check #1 above.
3. Information about MIUI 12.5 is very vague as of now. Alvin Tse mentioned it on Twitter, but most of the information circulating on the internet are just speculations. But as per Alvin's tweet, we can confirm that it would precede MIUI 13, but any dates for it is yet to be informed. As all updates, it should come first to China ROM, followed by Global.

-----
1. POCO launcher updates are pushed by launcher devs and there's no info regarding that. I am not sure if A11 devices will receive it first or not - but since mibatman said so, he might have some hint regarding that.
2. POCO F1 isn't the only device left with Android 10. Every device getting Android 11 are new ones. In fact, this is a device which received most support since its release in 2018. Mi MIX 3 5G, which also was released in the same year still haven't received Android 10 - eventhough it was the 'flagship' of Xiaomi. That being said, I still don't confirm that we'll receive Android 11 or not - I am not a developer for this device. But SD845 is capable of that, so if we are lucky, devs might push the update. That's all.
3. It's a bug. In fact, this bug is seen in many other devices. Not sure if it's caused by something built on MIUI or with Amazon revoking permissions, but it's already reported to the devs and they are already working on it. Note that this is not applicable to Netflix HD, since they have never really supported this feature even when Widevine L1 was available. It's Netflix's policies, and they'll have to support it.

Cheers! :-)
2020-12-23 09:16:29
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro