In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F2 Pro

[Q&A] Wifi passwords at WifiConfigStore.xml get overwritten

2020-12-22 00:57:09
292 2
Hi all,

I'm trying to restore WiFi passwords from another device after I mistakenly skipped the restoration process when setting up my device.
After some trial and error, I figured that the passwords are stored in /data/misc/apexdata/com.android.wifi/WifiConfigStore.xml and tried to restore from there through adb while in recovery by appending each Network entry from my backed up file.

However, it looks like the file was overwritten after I rebooted to see if the changes were correctly applied, I'm wondering where from ?
I executed "find" on both wpa_supplicant.conf and WifiConfigStore.xml only to find the above location.

Am I missing something ?

Thank you
2020-12-22 00:57:09
Favorites RateRate
Hello,

Is your phone rooted?
2020-12-22 17:45:19

Rookie Bunny

FTCHOFFSC Author | from mobile

Muz_paray
Hello,

Is your phone rooted?

Hi,

Yes, my phone is rooted. I only went through recovery because the data to restore was on my computer anyways so it was easier to copy everything through adb.

Thanks
2020-12-23 08:03:08