In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3/Mi MIX 3 5G

[Discussion] Android 11 or 10 for Mi Mix 3 5G.

2020-12-01 06:57:06
693 7
I have a little question for the Xiaomi Software Development Team, do you really care about the sales of your phone's or the people who want that this phone to get updated...This phone was part of the Google Android Q beta program, and even so you don't even care about the people who will adore to have an updated Android version.(That's just disappointing, This phone can run Android 11 with ease, but you choose to Abandon this phone for low sales points, That's not so nice).
2020-12-01 06:57:06
Favorites RateRate
From what I gathered, the issue is the modem, as it was the first generation of 5G ones, cobbled together from an old part and really a nightmare to code for, as it seems to get the same issues on other brands who used it. Though I don't know more than that, and can't say whether it will ever get further large updates or not. I hope it does, it is a good phone.
2020-12-01 17:11:22

Advanced Bunny

RC Core Author | from app

Everyone wants that this phone to be updated, Android 10 at least, because as I said in the Post This phone was part of Google Android Q beta program and I think Xiaomi can finish what they started.
2020-12-01 17:16:00
RC Core replied at 2020-12-01 09:16:00
Everyone wants that this phone to be updated, Android 10 at least, because as I said in the Post This phone was part of Google Android Q beta program and I think Xiaomi can finish what they started.

Yeah, but the Q WAS a beta, I remember rather horrendous bugs abounding. That it can run 10, sure, but can it run it without them? Not a dev on the chipset, so can't say. Fingers crossed.
2020-12-01 17:50:37

Advanced Bunny

RC Core Author | from app

Torlyn
From what I gathered, the issue is the modem, as it was the first generation of 5G ones, cobbled together from an old part and really a nightmare to code for, as it seems to get the same issues on other brands who used it. Though I don't know more than that, and can't say whether it will ever get further large updates or not. I hope it does, it is a good phone.

I don't think for Xiaomi is to hard to code this Modem for Android Q, In my opinion is just that Xiaomi doesn't really care about this phone if it does Why don't Upgrade, Just the MIUI 12 and Android 9, that's not enough to satisfy the people with this phone but yeah...(It's just a vaste for this phone to not be upgraded).
2020-12-02 20:10:55

Wizard Bunny

TessTickles | from app

I rooted my Mi Mix 3 5g few weeks back to see if there were any decent ROMs. I was running Android 11 smoothly and fast without any difficulties so I don't understand why Xiaomi can't do it.
2021-01-12 00:02:08

Pro Bunny

1545356861 | from app

TessTickles
I rooted my Mi Mix 3 5g few weeks back to see if there were any decent ROMs. I was running Android 11 smoothly and fast without any difficulties so I don't understand why Xiaomi can't do it.

what about 5G? working smoothly?
2021-02-27 14:35:47

Wizard Bunny

TessTickles | from app

The 5G actually worked a charm when I enter cities with it (as my town doesn't have 5g unfortunately). Smooth downloads, the ROM I used I will try find the name of it. There are a few on Google, I just tried all the ones that would download.
2021-03-01 04:53:45