In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9T Pro

[Discussion] Mi 9t headphones problem

2020-11-19 17:43:58
266 3
Hello,

I have problem with headphones on my mi 9t. I bought new headphones and after 3 months of use left earphone was dead ( not completely but sound barely came out), then i bought new headphones ( first sony then jbl) and again after 4 months same problem, from left earphone sound barely came out. Is it possible that problem is in my phone that cause that?
2020-11-19 17:43:58
Favorites RateRate

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Have you tried them with another source? And if so, still not working on that side? And daft question,did you check (if they are in-ear ones) for a wax deposit? (gross,I know, but it happens all the time)
2020-11-19 18:07:42

Rookie Bunny

Nemanja017SRB Author | from app

Torlyn
Have you tried them with another source? And if so, still not working on that side? And daft question,did you check (if they are in-ear ones) for a wax deposit? (gross,I know, but it happens all the time)

Yes, i try on PC and other phone and it is same. Also i did cleaning, it's not that 🙂 i suspect that phone somehow damage the earphone 🤨
2020-11-20 04:25:20
Nemanja017SRB replied at 2020-11-19 20:25:20
Yes, i try on PC and other phone and it is same. Also i did cleaning, it's not that 🙂 i suspect that phone somehow damage the earphone 🤨

I really can't see how, on a tech point, it would be possible. The amount of current passing through a phone jack is seriously small, to fry headphones, even over a period of time, you'd need WAY more (and if you had that much the whole thing would fry itself). The only kind of kit that MIGHT come close to that is audiophile level amplifiers, and even then, they are wired to detect the capacity on the headphones and adapt.
I'll try and keep an eye out for the same phenomenon, but I strongly suspect it's just one of these freaky coincidences. Just out of curiosity, are the wires on these headphones symmetrical, or are they both of the 'around the neck'' kind?
2020-11-20 16:41:30