In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3/Mi MIX 3 5G

[Discussion] Just moved to Virgin Mobile - MIUI12 says my number is unknown (under settings)

2020-11-19 05:07:52
528 6
I have spoken to Xiaomi customer service and Virgin Mobile about this issue (each one says the other is at fault and nobody wants to take ownership). Initially Xiaomi said it was because I was trying to use the phone on a 4G network, when I pressed them they then said it was a faulty SIM. Virginmedia claim it is a faulty/incompatible phone and that I should resolve this with the manufacturer.

- Does anybody have experience with resolving the above issue?
- Am I wasting my time with a "Flagship" that Xiaomi are reluctant to support because of poor sales?
- Should I go back to Apple for my phone?

Thanking you for your responses in advance
2020-11-19 05:07:52
Favorites RateRate

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Mix 3 5g,right? When you say number unknown,what does it actually do,apart from looking weird in settings?
2020-11-19 05:54:58

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

Mix 3 5g,right? When you say number unknown,what does it actually do,apart from looking weird in settings?
2020-11-19 05:55:27

Pro Bunny

Madmonk33 | from app

just a wee heads up my Poco f2 pro and pocophone F1 say the same it doesn't interfere with the working of the phone, I've added the phone number on both manually, I'm on the three network very happy with it. I'm a pay as you go without any add ons, I top up with £10 every three to four months as I use wi-fi most of the time with wi-fi hotspots.
2020-11-19 07:13:30

Pro Bunny

spaceprobe | from app

hate to be be a downer but my experience with virgin mobile was terrible and they do poorly in the Which report. when I was with them my phone showed a different number from mine yet worked
2020-11-19 16:19:48

Pro Bunny

Andrei Ciobanu | from app

it's the sim problem & not the phone...
They need to respect the customer right to choose the brand of the phone that the customer want so they don't want to support other phone company only to support Apple and Samsung so this is what we call stupid marketing and this is present in all sectors including computers and other technology
2020-11-19 20:42:57
Shepherd_47

Pro Bunny

Andrei Ciobanu | from app

please enter your number manually and no stress - all phones from Xiaomi are top quality 100%
2020-11-19 20:44:44
Shepherd_47