In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9T Pro

[Discussion] Incognito mode is not saved in Mi Browser Settings

2020-11-17 19:27:35
455 5
After update to MIUI 12:-

Mi Browser V12.4.1-g

Yet another Bug?

Settings - Apps - System App Settings - Mi Browser - Incognito Mode.
Enable 'Incognito Mode' (Leave 'Enable us improve Mi Browser' Disabled).
The setting is not saved.

2020-11-17 19:27:35
Favorites RateRate
I'd recommend you gave feedback, using the tab of the same name, in the phone settings, so the devs can see it.
2020-11-17 20:39:52

Rookie Bunny

brian_mk Author |

I will give feedback provided somone can confirm they observe the same behaviour.
Is it just a problem on my phone?

If you turn on Incognito Mode via the Browser 'Tools' menu rather than via Settings, then it remains enabled until you exit the Browser App.
The next time you run the App, Incognitio Mode is disabled.

If you do the same thing with'Dark Mode', the setting is saved so that the next time you run the App, you are still in Dark Mode.

Is it intentional that Incognito Mode cannot be turned on permanently?

This forum seems pretty pointless if the only advice is to give feedback via the phone!
Why does this forum have no 'Search' option?
How are users supposed to find out if anyone else has encountered similar issues?

2020-11-18 01:19:03

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

From what I see around, incognito mode is something that only lasts for the session, and that's for the browsers I use, the mi one not being in that list. I don't use incognito myself,as frankly it's a misnomer, you do not browse incognito in the slightest,it only keeps the browser from leaving a trace of the browsing on the phone. And as for a search function, there is, at the top.
2020-11-18 04:06:39

Super moderator

Torlyn | from app

2020-11-18 04:07:15

Rookie Bunny

brian_mk Author |

My understanding of Incognito Mode is that it should? disable the browser app from uploading collected browser stats to Xiaomi (websites visited, search queries etc).

See https://www.androidauthority.com ... er-privacy-1120707/

If Incognito Mode only remains enabled for the duration the session, then for security the user would have to remember to do this every time he uses the browser.

I think I'll be using Firefox instead.

BTW Mi Browser has recently updated to 12.6.6-g and the problem with not saving the setting fro the 'Settings-Apps-System Apps' menu still exists.

I did eventually find the forum Search function. When using a Windows Desktop PC, the Search icon is tiny:-

2020-11-21 00:43:17