In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi 6/6A/Pro

[Q&A] Flashing cactus via spflash tool

2020-11-16 13:05:59
635 3
Greeting all.
So, my sister got this redmi 6a for 2 years now, somehow phone is lock on mi cloud, she never knew her mi account or whatever, she doesnt know anything but using it.
Now, i tried to reset this 6A using Spflash tool, i,ve got authorized mi account years back when i craze flashing my redmi note 3 pro.
1. so i login my account from mi folder in spflash tool folder and succed.
2. use the DA file for mtk 6765
3. the mt6765 scatter file
4. auth file from spflash tool folder

i choose manual format accordingly (bootoader physical addresses) detach the battery flex, push hold the vol up botton, press the play button botton in spfash tool and connet usb cable to pc
then this:

dialog box appear ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0XC0060005)
this error status was about authorized account or what?
is there something wrong with those steps i make above?

please someone help.
ps: i ussually meddle with snapdragon chipset, never mediatek before.

2020-11-16 13:05:59
Favorites RateRate
The error because your Mi Account is not authorized, Request you to check if your Mi Account has the required Authorization.

Regards,
TK
2020-11-25 19:24:30
Cheers!

Back to MIUI Community!
check on the official mi flash tool if account is authorized or not then it might solve the problem
2020-12-03 16:20:48
If you need to restore your device that stopped working after a failed firmware update, please email me telegram @unbrickRU
2020-12-20 00:51:47