In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 6 Pro

[Q&A] Unlock bootloader without sim card.!

2020-11-14 02:01:18
150 4
Due to "magnificent" update to MIUI 11 my device started to work like piece of bug: photo camera crashes if any filter used, video camera randomly doesn't save videos, battery goes down 15-20% faster, wi-fi repeater feature is ripped off. After spending couple days of my life digging in information how to solve this, everything goes to one answer -  only manual flashing to MIUI10 ROM will help. Grate!
And here comes wonderful moment where i get to know that "unlocking bootloader become simpler" and i need to go buy some sim-card, pay for internet service, just to get permission for unlock. Yes, smartphone has "-phone" in it's name, but first comes "smart" and i bought this device as camera, tablet, reader. Plus i already have Mi account that is registered to phone number and is shown as security recover number(no, i can't plug internet on it and i n).

My main question is: where can i write a request for special deal and unlock without sim-card?(judging by outdated "how to" videos, That was much more simpler)

If you got irritated and bored reading all this, sorry - now you may understand how really angry i am, as official OTA ruined my daily workflow and now i'll need to spend even more time doing these wiping, flashing, reinstalling all apps, re-setting everything = to simply fix/make it as it was.
2020-11-14 02:01:18
Favorites RateRate
No, you cannot, you must use a SIM card.
https://c.mi.com/thread-1857937-1-1.html
2020-11-16 14:08:18

Rookie Bunny

rey.me Author |

And what to do if i have no sim card with internet?! It's stated everywhere that this sim-number will be connected to MI account - why am i forced to intentionally brake my account with wrong number, i already have proper used for registration.!
Is there really no support site/link of Xiaomi where i can write to?
2020-11-17 00:15:22
rey.me replied at 2020-11-16 19:15:22
and what to do if i have no sim card with internet?! it's stated everywhere that this sim-number will be connected to MI account - why am i forced to intentionally brake my account with wrong number, i already have proper used for registration.!
so their is no real support site/link of Xiaomi where i can write to?

Use this link
https://www.mi.com/global/support/contact/
2020-11-17 00:25:36

Rookie Bunny

rey.me Author |

AP1972 replied at 2020-11-16 19:25:36
Use this link
https://www.mi.com/global/support/contact/

Thank you.
2020-11-17 00:35:52