In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Singapore

[Product] Warranty Complaint - Xiaomi Singapore Service Centre REFUSES to service my device under warranty

2020-11-05 19:07:02
214 1
Dear all,

I wish to highlight an unplesant experience I had with Xiaomi Singapore's service center, when making a claim for my 5 month old Xiaomi phone.

Recently, my phone will reboot on and off randomly. It was initially very infrequent, like maybe once or twice a week, so I assumed maybe its some software issue, and perhaps it will resolve itself in future updates.

However, last night, this incident repeated, and my phone entered an infinite reboot loop, i.e., I will not get past the Xiaomi loading screen, before the phone reboots itself. Therefore, I brought it down to Xiaomi's service center in Funan mall for a warranty claim.

The technicians there diagnosed the problem to be a motherboard problem, which is usually covered under warranty.

However, they REFUSE to honour the 1 year warranty, as they said that the protroduing camera cover is slightly cracked. The crack has existed long before this problem arose, due to my carelessness of putting keys in my pocket. The customer service representative whom I spoke on the phone with said that this is standard Xiaomi prcedure, as the minor crack on the phone camera lens cover (not the lens) voids the warranty.

I find this to be completely unreasonable, as
1. The minor crack occured long before this problem arose.
2. The technician says that an external crack on the casing often results in such motherboard problems. This does not make sense at all, to me, who is an IT professional. 3. I have been using the camera frequently after the MINOR crack arose, without any problems, for months.

As a result of the above, they request me to pay around $200 for a problem which is otherwise fixed under warranty, and is in no way caused by physical damage.

Please advise me on my possible next steps, as I dont wish to waste more money to purchase a new phone.

Thanks!

2020-11-05 19:07:02
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

Sao78 | from Redmi 7A

If there's no sign of 'drop or knock' damages on the phone. Lodge a report at 'CASE' and see what they advise.
2020-11-14 01:05:08