In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCOPHONE F1

[Q & A] lloyds banking and halifax

2020-10-28 04:39:03
136 8
Just updated my pocofone. Now cant acces my Halifax or lloyds Banking apss by finger print. All otheres are fine including AMEX etc. Anyone got any ideaa rgat i can do apart from buying a Samsung or iPhone which i am now seriously considering
2020-10-28 04:39:03
Favorites RateRate

Admin

Torlyn | from app

It's the apps themselves, they have tons of reports all across brands that their latest versions are misbehaving, basically they refuse some phones if the "registered" type they have on file isn't 100pct the same as the one that pings. So if a phone updates, it looks to the app like it's somehow "fake", and refuses the authentication. Best way is to contact the banks involved and make them aware (either directly or via the app page on google play)
2020-10-28 04:56:21

Master Bunny

SirLukas | from app

I had a problem with Halifax (6 other banking apps were fine) so I updated my fingerprint to test and Halifax still doesn't work and now Sainsbury's bank doesn't work either!

It is slightly annoying but we're in a bit of an echo chamber here, as we're only Xiaomi users so it's easy to assume that only Xiaomi phones are having this issue.

But a quick search reveals other manufacturers are also having the problem, I found a thread on the S@msung forum detailing the same issue, also seems that Halifax and NatWest are the most common banks to have the problem.
2020-10-28 15:44:59
SirLukas

Admin

Torlyn |

SirLukas replied at 2020-10-28 07:44:59
I had a problem with Halifax (6 other banking apps were fine) so I updated my fingerprint to test and Halifax still doesn't work and now Sainsbury's bank doesn't work either!

It is slightly annoying but we're in a bit of an echo chamber here, as we're only Xiaomi users so it's easy to assume that only Xiaomi phones are having this issue.

Sammies as well? Saw it on the O+ forum and on XDA for varied brands too, oops.
2020-10-28 16:56:06

Rookie Bunny

sh.shah | from app

Same problem, only since updating. They were working fine prior
2020-11-02 11:25:19

Admin

Torlyn |

sh.shah replied at 2020-11-02 03:25:19
Same problem, only since updating. They were working fine prior

Yes, see my reply beforehand, they use an old database of ''phone types'' and any update makes their app panic, and that's across all brands
2020-11-02 16:18:44

Rookie Bunny

6220050711 Author | from app

Torlyn your help has been so invaluable..tbh why have you commented absolutely no help whatsoever
2020-11-02 16:21:43

Rookie Bunny

6220050711 Author | from app

Torlyn
It's the apps themselves, they have tons of reports all across brands that their latest versions are misbehaving, basically they refuse some phones if the "registered" type they have on file isn't 100pct the same as the one that pings. So if a phone updates, it looks to the app like it's somehow "fake", and refuses the authentication. Best way is to contact the banks involved and make them aware (either directly or via the app page on google play)

waste of space
2020-11-02 16:22:16

Admin

Torlyn |

6220050711 replied at 2020-11-02 08:21:43
Torlyn your help has been so invaluable..tbh why have you commented absolutely no help whatsoever

What am I supposed to do? That's what is happening, am I supposed to make up a story where it's our fault, but somehow I could fix it, using a magic wand?
End of the day, this is a community for Xiaomi users, run by users. We are not employees, and all we can do is pass on information we gather.
2020-11-02 18:33:41