In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tips & Tricks

[] My experience and why I'm QUITTING SIDELOAD

2020-10-28 04:12:59
131 4
Hey my fellow Mi friends and fans, firstly sorry I've inactive lately, few health niggles and a lot of issues because of my sideloads!!!!
Now the question weather you should sideload an APK is an interesting one, and honestly I used to be the guy who said nah! I'm a company man and company rules.....
But then after having to to get an app to work, from reputable company I may add, was a worrying experience. But once I popped my sideload cherry  many moons ago I got very very used to beta and beta that!.
Reinstalation was no biggy as I actually enjoyed the challenge.
But then something happens and I started to pay attention to A my data (perhaps becoming a little over paranoid in the process hahahaha) and B I start to become part of something I care about the very community we're in right now!
So I after this recent epiphany, and proven process I might add, I came to this conclusion. Me wanting the latest software NOW !!!like an impatient child, because I'll be honest I am actually impatient I see something and I want it now, my inner child still needs to learn patients! Hahahaha Has left me in so many knots and actually as it's now apparent I've missed out on other updates because I had a higher APK ! (Nuts ) so anyway! Since my decision to stop the sideload and keep my system clean and everything on and active! Oh and up to date on all platforms, I've actually got back my updates I've been missing!
Sideloading your system with any Xiaomi app will affect your ecosystem, although you'll get the APK , you get updated later in my experience* plus that sideload has been ripped and no doubt code added you won't be aware of, then you get screens being awake all night for no reason, or really poor battery life. I'm not saying it's responsible for all the issues, but when you goto sleep that sideload app backs up on the Xiaomi cloud there if any malware is present, that server will get wiped and replaced with a backed version! So I believe sideloading needs to stop unless it's something like a official app and not related to the operating system of Xiaomi.
After all my first sideload was for a wallpaper! My last was weather app which really messed up my phone and my laptop as it happens

Thanks for reading if you made it this far and I apologize if offended anyone
2020-10-28 04:12:59
Favorites1 RateRate

Admin

Torlyn | from app

That's fair, at the end of the day, there is a reason why these things are experimental, they're really not meant to be used casually, or in a "day to day" phone.
2020-10-28 04:30:00

Pro Bunny

N30MVR44 Author | from app

I was just to impatient wanting what the other side had hahahaha, but like I said, since I purged my whole system and backup's! I'm updating faster again! thing's are switching like they used to. It's like I'm out of the naughty corner hahahaha! And you know my addiction to software... I'll stick to screaming at my laptop instead hahahaha
2020-10-28 05:23:23

Admin

Torlyn | from app

N30MVR44
I was just to impatient wanting what the other side had hahahaha, but like I said, since I purged my whole system and backup's! I'm updating faster again! thing's are switching like they used to. It's like I'm out of the naughty corner hahahaha! And you know my addiction to software... I'll stick to screaming at my laptop instead hahahaha

Oh, I'm the same, so I get it 😂
2020-10-28 05:54:54

Grand Master Bunny

Peter666 | from Redmi 5A

It is normal for young people to always be in a hurry to try new technologies, and then, as they grow up, they will be calmer and take less risk! 😁😁😁😁
2020-10-28 21:11:07
NEMESIS