In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Q&A] Mi Mix 3 black screen and a corner flicker

2020-10-27 00:01:40
188 2
Hi all,
So the unthinkable happened, i accidentally dropped my phone from around the height of 50 to 60 cm, the phone was in a hard rubber cover and it feel on a wooden flooring.
I had it for almost 2 years now and im very sad and baffled, at what has happened.
My Mi Mix 3 now has a completely black unresponsive screen and a odd flicker in the left right corner.

Am I guessing that means its dead? Also I recon I can't get it fixed since the guarantee was only 1 year from Xiaomi.
2020-10-27 00:01:40
Favorites RateRate
Kindly get it checked at your nearest service center - it could be fixed with a screen replacement. You may not get the warranty though, but if you don't want to switch to a new phone, then you may pay for the replacement and use your Mi MIX 3.

Cheers! :-)
2020-10-27 04:24:59
Device ModeratorMi Global Community
POCO F1 | Mi MIX 3 | Mi 8 | Redmi Note 9/S/Pro
happybuddhist replied at 2020-10-26 20:24:59
Kindly get it checked at your nearest service center - it could be fixed with a screen replacement. You may not get the warranty though, but if you don't want to switch to a new phone, then you may pay for the replacement and use your Mi MIX 3.

Cheers! :-)

Oh well after many tears yesterday, since the Mi Mix 3 was my absolutely favourite phone ever - to the point i skipped upgrades from my phone operator I decided to the the Poco X3 and see what is the hype all about.

I think that getting a new screen will just be too expensive in the long run.
2020-10-27 16:54:21