In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Q&A] Sim card error in any rom

2020-10-19 08:31:45
267 13
Hello, good afternoon, sorry for the inconvenience, I come here to help you: D I hope from you this has a solution
what happens is that literally yesterday I bought a note 5 in promotion of 4/64 and well it comes loaded with everything from telcel it bothers me a lot its app but the one with the blocking good prozedi to change the rom / previously I already had a redmi 5  plus which sim problems change the rom and both sim were enabled /

I read that it was better to go directly to the global because the method of going to the Chinese and then to the global in this team was risky, I decided to pay attention and then it worked.  that turns on the mobile does not recognize it you have to remove it and put it back and in the custom roms it will not make the sim at all

to clarify the obvious bootloader is already unlocked

I heard that this is similar to a case of note 7 that has to do something with the firmware of telcel, I do not know if there is already something here that at least makes the sims be recognized in the custom roms or that in the strock roms it does not have  that is removing the tray every time it turns off
greetings and thanks

----------------------

Hola buenas tardes disculpen las molestias vengo aqui en su ayuda :D  espero de vdd esto tenga solucion
lo que pasa es que literlamente  ayer compre un note 5  en promocion  de 4/64  y bueno viene cargada de todo lo de telcel  me molesta mucho sus app mas la del bloqueo bueno prozedi al cambio de la rom / anterior mente ya tenia un redmi 5 plus el cual sim problemas  cambie la rom y ambas sim se habilitaron /

leei que era mejor pasar directa a la global por que el metodo de pasar a la china y luego a la global en este equipo era arriesgado  decidi hacer caso y de echi  funcioino el detalle es que ahora  la sim no funciona bien es decir a la primera que prende el movil no la reconoce hay que retirarla  y volverla a poner  y en las custom roms no hagarra en nada la sim

para aclara el bootloader obvio esta ya desbloqueado

escuche que esto es  similar a  un caso del note 7  que tiene que ver algo con el firmware de telcel  no se si aqui ya este algo que por lo menos haga que las sim sea reconocida en las custom roms o que en las strock rom no tenga que esta retirando la bandeja cada ves que se apaga
saludos y gracias
2020-10-19 08:31:45
Favorites RateRate

Device Team

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

Please use English language in global community for any issues or problem with sim card .
2020-10-19 19:36:38

Super moderator

feds64 | from Redmi Note 9 Pro

As the DT team mentioned use English so we all understand you.
2020-10-19 20:19:19

Rookie Bunny

1617668265 Author | from app

I'm sorry, I don't know how to speak English, I'm using a translator, I already edited the topic
2020-10-19 22:37:11

Device Team

I'm sorry, I don't know how to speak English, I'm using a translator, I already edited the topic

Thanks for translation . However I am having difficulty understanding you .
   Please attach a screenshot from Settings - About phone - All specs .
  See my screenshot as an example .
2020-10-20 05:40:22

Rookie Bunny

2020-10-20 08:51:52

Device Team

Have you been able to initialise and verify your sim on set up ?
If error , what error ?.
Here is a set up guide .  MIUI Device Team] How to solve ;Your SIM card is not activated . https://c.mi.com/thread-2207852-1-0.html
2020-10-20 18:43:34

Rookie Bunny

Thanks for the answer, but this error is also present in other roms if I change to android 10 or 11 it stops reading the chip completely even in Miui 12 in Miui 11 it does not read it unless I remove the tray and the meta again recognizes the  chip
2020-10-20 20:42:52

Device Team

Thanks for the answer, but this error is also present in other roms if I change to android 10 or 11 it stops reading the chip completely even in Miui 12 in Miui 11 it does not read it unless I remove the tray and the meta again recognizes the  chip

Does the sim work perfectly in another phone you can try ? I assume you have off/on Aeroplane mode and this fails to recognise sim .
   You say you just bought phone .  New/secondhand/ reconditioned ?
  What rom installed when you got it ?
     As you have tried miui 12 ,Android 10/11 have you clean flashed using miflash tool ?
  You might have to talk to phone technician as for all I know it might have fault with tray slot or sim card reader .
I do not know .
2020-10-20 21:44:00

Rookie Bunny

1617668265 Author | from Redmi Note 5

I have tried but it still does not work, it only recognizes the SIM card but does not dial the network at all
2020-10-21 07:08:30

Device Team

Check under Settings - SIM cards & mobile networks - SIM card settings .
  Is your phone number shown and Telco provider shown under Access Point Names. (APN)
2020-10-21 15:06:45