In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Xiaomi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Smart Home

[Q & A] Smart hub3 now connects with smoke alarms

2020-10-15 00:16:10
481 3
I have just tried connecting my newXiaomi gateway 3 (smarthub 3) to  Xiaomi Honeywell smart smoke alarms using the Singapore server and everything is now working.  The gateway had quite a long firmware update. It was a bit of a pain resetting the smoke alarms from their previous connection to the older gateway 3. I held the button in for 5 seconds and then pressed again. You then add it to Xiaomi home by pressing the button 3 times. You are supposed to get 3 beeps back from the gateway but each time I only got 2. Anyway they are all (4 of them) now connected and all my other items (air filters, fans, temperature sensors) got automatically  added. Will be selling my old gateway 3 as I don't need two of them..
2020-10-15 00:16:10
Favorites RateRate
Good to hear it works smoothly now :D
2020-10-15 01:26:29

Mi Blogger

Kenny_P | from app

nice, is this the hub 3 that looks like a white hockey puck. I bought it but haven't really used it since it doesn't have a speaker just a buzzer but need to find a use for it so the smoke alarms might be a good shout
2021-01-15 08:05:01

Semi Pro Bunny

john mat Author | from app

not really sure what a hockey puck like like. It's cylindrical, about an inch high and about 3 inches across
2021-06-06 00:45:57