In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Others

[Q & A] Finger print recognition on Apps not working on Poco x3?

2020-10-04 04:42:06
467 15
I use 3 banking apps all using Finger print to log in on my New Poco X3 and 2 don't work, just flicks passed finger print (saying failed) to password login, the Apps that don't work are Lloyds Bank and Halifax banking App both work fine on my Mi8 lite. Any idea why anyone?
2020-10-04 04:42:06
Favorites RateRate

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Another user mentioned that a few days ago, we couldn't find an answer. Some of the apps he said were not working on his (revolut and hsbc) worked on mine, which didn't help diagnose. One of the things he said was that the FP reader seemed to send too many negative results to the app, and that it locked because of it
2020-10-04 05:09:00

Rookie Bunny

Adwozere Author | from app

Thanks Torlyn all I can do then is hope they sort the problem out in a further update
2020-10-04 07:07:24

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Thanks Torlyn all I can do then is hope they sort the problem out in a further update

Best thing is to report both to our devs via settings/feedback, and to the apps concerned via google play
2020-10-04 15:12:31

Master Bunny

SirLukas | from app

I haven't the same issue with it going immediately to 'memorable information' on Halifax with my Mi 10 Ultra, no probs signing in with fingerprint on HSBC, Barclays, Monzo, WeSwap, First Direct, Sainsbury's Bank, MBNA, Chip or PayPal (yes yes I fiddle with way too many banking apps)
2020-10-04 23:32:41
SirLukas

Admin

Torlyn | from app

SirLukas
I haven't the same issue with it going immediately to 'memorable information' on Halifax with my Mi 10 Ultra, no probs signing in with fingerprint on HSBC, Barclays, Monzo, WeSwap, First Direct, Sainsbury's Bank, MBNA, Chip or PayPal (yes yes I fiddle with way too many banking apps)

It seems to be an X3 specific bug, all users that reported are on it
2020-10-05 04:45:39

Rookie Bunny

Adwozere Author | from app

not just me then that's a good thing lol
2020-10-05 05:19:35

Rookie Bunny

ArcticSlayer | from app

Having the same issue here. Funny thing is the fingerprint worked on Lloyds, Bank of Scotland, Halifax and PayPal when I got the Poco X3. I've just realised that I recently updated the phone, both Google and Miui 12, security patches and whatever else, and ever since then then fingerprint has stopped working on those apps since then, so I'm about 95% sure that whatever the phone updated broke something in regards to the fingerprint scanner for those apps, and most probably some others that I'm not aware of. Hopefully Xiaomi will sort this out sooner rather than later. I'm well grinched out because of it!
I hope this helps everyone.
2020-10-05 05:19:56

Admin

Torlyn | from app

Having the same issue here. Funny thing is the fingerprint worked on Lloyds, Bank of Scotland, Halifax and PayPal when I got the Poco X3. I've just realised that I recently updated the phone, both Google and Miui 12, security patches and whatever else, and ever since then then fingerprint has stopped working on those apps since then, so I'm about 95% sure that whatever the phone updated broke something in regards to the fingerprint scanner for those apps, and most probably some others that I'm not aware of. Hopefully Xiaomi will sort this out sooner rather than later. I'm well grinched out because of it!
I hope this helps everyone.

Yeah, that's why reports sent via settings /feedback really help
2020-10-05 05:39:47

Master Bunny

SirLukas | from app

Torlyn
It seems to be an X3 specific bug, all users that reported are on it

ffs I meant that I *have* the same issue with Halifax app on the Ultra, all other apps work fine
2020-10-05 16:46:32
SirLukas

Admin

Torlyn |

SirLukas replied at 2020-10-05 09:46:32
ffs I meant that I *have* the same issue with Halifax app on the Ultra, all other apps work fine

Ah, gotcha, sorry. So it seems at least one of them might be across all platforms on that one at least. The plot thickens.
2020-10-05 17:07:57