In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7

[Q&A] Locked, without IMEI and NV data corrupted

2020-09-22 15:03:08
231 2
Hi everyone,

My Redmi Note 7 smartphone was stolen, but I managed to get it again after tracking it. Unfortunately, someone tried to reset the smartphone and now I can't turn on the device.

1) When trying to turn on, the message "NV data corrupted" appears.
2) When trying to execute the command to install TWRP in FastMode:

fastboot.exe flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-1-ginkgo.img

A message appears stating that I cannot perform this operation in LOCKED mode.

I already took it in several technical assistance stores in Brazil but they were unable to solve the problem.

I've done cold EDL via points, I've tried to execute Miflash Unlock but there is also an error. I think they tried to change the IMEI...

My smartphone is died. I pay anyone who can solve my problem.

2020-09-22 15:03:08
Favorites RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

João Vitor | from Redmi Note 7

Hi, I am from Brazil too. I have two methods for you.

Method 1 - Fastboot mode

You can try to flash the Offcial MIUI ROM (11.0.10 Global Stable) using fastboot. Maybe can work, even with locked bootloader, with MI Flash Tool. But this method can brick your device, so i do not recommend this way. And your phone needs to be the Global version too. Global Phone = Global Rom.

Method 2 - MI PC SUITE

I sugest that you also take a look at this link: https://c.mi.com/thread-2224746-1-0.html

MI PC SUTE can also work, and is the safest method to restore your phone, even with a locked bootloader. Using this method you will need MI PC Suite Software and the RECOVERY ROM for your device, but It needs to be the SAME ROM for  your device version. So, if your Redmi Note 7 is the global version, you need to download the Global Rom. If you phone is the Eropean version, you need to download the Eropean ROM. The device version and ROM version MUST be the same. Also, you DONT need to use fastboot or have a unlocked bootloader to use this method, which is good news. So i wish you good luck.

2020-09-24 06:40:31
Hello,

I am afraid there is any solution.

You need an unlock Bootloader device but for that you need a sim card and for that you need IMEI.

Contact Official service center and ask them to get your BL unlocked by any means. It can be done if devs allow it manually.  
2020-10-01 12:33:29